cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment term and Incoterm in consignment fill up and consignment issue.

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Are  payment term and incoterm copied from consignment fill up document  to consignment sales document  in standard system   in SD consignment process? If yes, how ? and what settings are responsible, and if not , why ?  could you pls help out to understand this issue ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rusheek,

As per SAP standard, consignment Fillup, issue, return and pickup orders are not linked to one another. Please see the below example :

1. Everyday you fillup 1000 tyres to Carmanufacturing company

2. one day they may withdraw 10 tyres and one date may be 900

3. whenever tyres are not good they may return back

4. whenever stock is becoming obselete or not required by the client, you pick up your stock.

these are all independent operations.  Hence we should not create consignment issue order with reference to consignment pickup order.

If because of any business reasons, if you are planning to refer the fillup order to the issue order, then you neeed to write this code in the copy control routine, so as the preceeeding document payment terms will be copied into issue order.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Raju

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Raju

Thanks for your information and help , but I need some more clarification

As per you, consignment fill up , consignment issue are independent process,   If  incoterm  is not copied from preceding document to subsequent document, then what is the purpose of referencing preceding documents ? could you pls help me out to understand ?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

preceding document to subsequent document,

How you find the preceding and subsequent document? Do you see any link in the document flow?

then what is the purpose of referencing preceding documents ?

When you create a consignment issue order how do you reference? Can you explain?

As mentioned before, the data are pulled from the customer master data.

If you look at the billing documents, then the data is pulled from previous documents.

In consignment process, the consignment issue is NOT referenced from consignment fill up order. Hence the data is pulled from customer master. If you maintain copy control settings from fill-up to issue order, then these values can be pulled from the previous documents.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rusheek,

One thing very important here is payment term is not useful in consignment fill as no billing is done. Inco term can be copied from ship-to party, as ship-to party i same in both fill and issue, so it will be same.

Regards,

Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rusheek,

As per my previous example, please note that, in real business sense, Fillup order will never be copied to Issue order.

Preceeding documment is used in Consignment for repeated orders, for example :

Every day I will send one Fill up consignment of 1000 Tyres to my customer (instead of creating order every time, i will refer my previous fill up order, so system will copy all the data)

Everyday my customer will sends information stating that he has taken 500 tyres / 1000 tyres yesterday etc... (instead of entering the whoel order, i will copy this from previous issue order and will only change the quantity)

It means, it makes more sense to use reference option in:

Fillup order to Fillup order

Issue order to Issue Order etc..

Above which, as one of our friend suggested :

Payment Term is required in Issue order (as billing happens for this order).  For Fillup order Payment term is not so important

Inco Term is requried in Fillup order (as actual material movement from one location to other location happends in this order).  For Issue order Inco term is not so important as no goods movement is happening here.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Raju

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

I am only talking about consignment fill to consignment Issue. my understanding is that in standard SAP system , incoterm and payment terms are flown to consignment issue from consignment fill up . that 's whole purpose of copy control between consignment fill up to consignment issue.

Thanks  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rusheek,

I tried to explain the process and business scenario in my earlier communication.

If your client needs this scenario, and if these values are not copying automatically, then you need to modify your data trnsfer routine in copy controls to copy payment terms and inco terms from Fill up order to Issue order.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raju

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to do a test scenario after getting so much of suggestions ?  I request you to do a test scenario and check how system is behaving instead keep on posting queries here which is not going to help you. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If yes, how ?

When creating consignment fill-up order, all header data would be copied from customer master and this header data would further be flowing to item level.  This is the standard functionality.

and what settings are responsible

Just you have to maintain your master data correctly

Are  payment term and incoterm copied from consignment fill up document  to consignment sales document

When creating consignment sales order, all data would be copied from preceding document, ie.F8 proforma based on the copy controls

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

1.Could you pls explain me below line with more details ?

F8 proforma based on the copy controls.

2. In our system payment term is not being copied from confill up to consignment issue. any idea which fields I need to check up in copy control between consignment fill up to consignment sales in header level as well as in itemlevel.

Regards 

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are  payment term and incoterm copied from consignment fill up document  to consignment sales document  in standard system   in SD consignment process?

Do you mean consignment issue order as consignment sales document? The payment term is copied from payer customer master and the incoterm is pulled from sold-to customer master.

Regards,