cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Tab in solar02 Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We created a custom document type and have attached a template of type .doc to it.The template document has an embedded excel sheet for test conditions.

I am able to create a new document using the template but once i save it and try to open again, the embedded document does not open.I have the latest SAP GUI version so that is not the issue.

Also when i try to find the same created document using the find functionality, and when i double click on it, it opens up in word document read only mode and this embedded document gets opened.

I am facing this issue when i try to access the document at the tab level as the document always opens up in the SAP Window.Please advice how can this issue be taken care.

Thanks,

Mownika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello Mownika,
I had a very similar problem when opening an xls document for test cases, also in SOLAR02.
First you must create a new document type that supports XLS. In theory this should work.
To make this work in the testing environment, especially in the work center screens, we opened an OSS message and eventually several correction notes were created.
I therefore recommend you to implement these notes:
Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Oded Dagan
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you defined attributes for your custom document types.

please follow the how to here SAP Community Network Wiki - Solution Manager - Defining and Maintaining Documentation Types

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhansi,

Yes i have maintained the attribute as .doc.The embedded document is .xls format.It opens when i create a new document using the template too.

Once i save this document and i try to re-open it at the development tab level, that is when it does not let me open the embedded document again.

Today i tried to embedd a .doc type document even that has the issue.

Thanks,

Mownika