cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion Indicator in material component not restored after undo TECO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have program which set TECO in Network and later undo TECO...

however deletion in material is not removed after unteco..

symptoms are same as in sap note 1230012  PS BAPI: Undo TECO does not activate Preq for material

however the sap note is only valid in release 500 onwards... however i encountered this in sap 4.6C..

would anyone have any recommendations on this?

thanks in advance,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

If you want to retrieve your planned PR back to their original state i.e. UNDO deletion Indicator (Which was set after TECO) then run the Program RLORD035 : Correct inconsistencies in Project PR's Deletion indicator" via T_code:SE38.

It will surely take your PR's back to their original state.

NOTE: I am not sure if it will work for PR deleted via BAPI. But you can try it..

Kindly check.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Your question appears to me bit confusing. Let ask you some thing here.

1. Did you delete the component using trash can.

2. After deletion of component, then you set the status TECO on NWA.

If that would be case, you can reverse the status TECO to REL. but system can not activate the component which was deleted.

3. You said that "however deletion in material is not removed after unteco.." what do you mean, can you elaborate please.

Please note that deleted components can not be retrieved back. Hope I undestand correctly and let me know what is your exact problem.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

1. component was not deleted using trash can

2. network was set to TECO.  automatically, the material component attached is set to deleted.

Item 2 is standard behavior in SAP.  but problem is, when i undo TECO, the deletion of material component is not reversed.  this is not supposed to happen. 

SAP has already resolved this in release 500 onwards with sap note 1230012 however my problem is that i encountered the error in SAP4.6C..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

As standard, if activity status set to TECO, system will not show any component.

When you reverse the status then components underneath the activity will display as soon as.

Its not actually deleted. Its status oriented behaviour. Let me ask you again, did you deleted the component? and then set TECO at activity.

Why are using word "deleted"

Regards.

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sudhakar..

thanks for trying to help but you are assuming SAP standard is working as expected.

the reason why sap notes are available is because of many program error in sap.

as i mentioned in my first post, the symptom i am experiencing is same as in sap note 1230012.

i also mentioned twice that my error is in 4.6C.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

SAP note that you refer to says that undoing the status TECO does not activate the material/components requirements. Nowhere it says anything about deletion/or the deletion indicator being reversed.

As Sudhakar already mentioned that setting the TECO does not result into deletion of the material.It results into deactivation of the requirment. Does the material shows as being deleted in your system?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

apologies, the use "deletion" caused confusion..

actually if the PR of the material component is viewed in me53n, it shows deletion indicator/trash can icon in the line item...

perhaps more accurate term is that the material component is deactivated... but whether deactivated/deleted is the term, the point is this: when you do UNTECO, it SHOULD be restored to its original state...  

i don't think normal users would encounter this since, as i mentioned in my initial post, and also mentioned in the SAP note, this occurs when bapi is used to set the status..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Taking a cue from your post,can you please confirm that if you undo the TECO manually,without using the BAPI,then does it result into restoration/activation of the activity?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, that is correct.. using manual transaction, both activity and material components are restored/re-activated...

but using BAPI, activity becomes restored but material component remains deactivated..