Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintain EDPAR table In production

former_member231409
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirment,client wants to maintain EDPAR table in Production by a Z transaction like ZEDPAR-

before doing that i just want to know , is there any impact to the standard system by doing this ?

this is the client requirement ,hence please don't ask me why i want Z -transaction .Kindly let me know what are the steps i need to do for this settings.

kindly reply???

regards

santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure on why you need Z-transaction and Z-table for your requirement. SAP has provided standard transaction code VOE4 for this table maintenance. As a analyst/consultant, it is your responsibility to convince your customer/user to use SAP standard transaction code and not with a Z-code.

Regards,

former_member231409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

thanks for the update.But you know some times clients are just not listening to the analysts at all and right now i am in this situation.

They don't want  to the user to touch the Standard Tcode VOE4.thats why they want to go for a Z.but tis Z tcode, should be link to only VOE4 ,nothing else unlike VOE4.this is the requirment.

Regards

santosh

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then as mentioned before by others, copy the program associated with VOE4, and rename as Z-program, and then assign new Z-transaction code like ZVOE4 to that z-program. Talk with an ABAP'er who can help with this.

Regards,

former_member231409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.But the above thread is for Standard TCode -VOE4.

My requirement is something different then this.i want to create a Z transaction against VOE4.and it should update only to EDPAR table nothing else in the standard system.Then the MDM team can enter the data in directly production.

Kindly help how to met this requirment.

Thanks

Santosh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can ask the ABAP consultant  , you create the ztable  their no impact the  system , check below how to create the Z TABLE

http://abaplovers.blogspot.in/2008/02/creating-table-in-sap.html

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/ABAP/TableCreate/page1.htm

i think it is use full

former_member231409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thanks for your updates.

Is it mandatory to create a Z table for a Z transaction ?

I mean by maintaining the Z transaction, it can update to EDPAR table right ?is there any problem to do this ?

kindly let me know .

regards

santosh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

their no problem , create the SE11 z table,  up date the Table at SM30 level,

ztable creation depending on your process , one you create the ztable what are the field up dated that particular field only applicable to that ztable only,

once you discuses with ABAP consultant, 

former_member231409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

in this case no need to create a Z transaction for this , only Z table will suffice the requiment to maintain the Data in EDPAR table ? kindly reply.

thanks

santosh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you want maintain the data EDPAR table , you use at truncation level , or at SM30 V_ EDPAR

This table you can use , here also you can maintain the data ,

you requirement is only maintain the data at table EDPAR , so can use VOE4 , direct , why do go to table ,

you want only up date table go to SM30 table name  V_ EDPAR here you maintain ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BOJJA,

I do have same requirement. Can you please confirmed whether its full or Delta.

Thanks

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can do same process its full your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1210640

Above thread may help you.

Thanks

Rajesh