Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Copy-Model Copy

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Can any one please tell me what is the difference between Version Copy and Model Copy . And also My current requirement is we are using Heuristics in our active version and the though is to do a prototype using CTM . So how we proceed with it , do we do a version or model copy and run CTM on that .

My whole confusion is

1) Difference between Version Copy and Model Copy

2) How does Heuristics in active and CTM in copied(Version/Model) work..... say for a product X which is already being run using heuristics ...how can we run CTM that is not right i think .

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Model and version copy helps you to carry out simulation.

Model Copy: This function allows you to define your simulation model and add required business objects (location, product, location product, resource, ppm/pds, t.lane, quota, etc.) selectively.

Version Copy: This function allows you to define version-dependent data to support your simulation and add master (location products) as well as transactional data selectively.

Please check the following link for details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/b2/9ee1e4f5fb4cdeafd3cf9a8d46921a/frameset.htm

SNP heuristics or CTM planning execution works same for all models and versions. The master data settings and transactional data influence the results.

If your objective is to compare the results of heuristics and CTM execution, you may use only version copy. This allows you to copy required master data (i.e. location products), and transactional data (forecast, sales data, stock, receipts, and other requirements). If required, update the version-dependent data of your copied version. The CTM planning engine recognize these data and finds out the feasible solution. The results can be compared with that of heuristics'.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (0)