cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT - Unable to publish a universe to the Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I cannot publish any universe from IDT to the Repository.

I created a Relational Connection, published it to the Repository, created a single-source Data Foundation on the connection shortcut, created a Business Layer and now I'm trying to publish it to the Repository, but it's not working, When I press "Finish", nothing happens. I don't get an error message either.

Also, I updated our BI Platform and Client Tools to SP4 Patch 3. Still not working.

From the posts that I found, I think that it has something to do with the Data Federation Service. Where can I find out if it's running?

The Data Administration Federation Tool is not starting either. It gives me an error "Cannot connect to the server that holds the data federation service. (DFA 40001)"

The client and server are on the same machine.

What am I missing? Please help.

Regards,

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem publishing my universe connection to the BO Server. I am using SAP IDT 4.2 SP7. Can any one suggest a workaround?

Thanks,
Aruna

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julia,

Can we look in to services of Adaptive Processing Server as data federation service is part of services in APS.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Is looks like I don't have the Adaptive Processing Server. Not sure why it was not installed.

However, I thought that you only need it for a multisource connection/universe.

Regards,

Julia

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julia,

Its should suppose to be there in all the BusinessObjects installations as it is used for WebI reports scheduling.If not try to create the one in CMC and check.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What do I need to create in CMC?

Regards,

Julia

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julia,

GO to CMC -> Server -> Create New server and select the appropriate server category and create the server.

Not sure about the Menu navigation but is is suppose to be similar to this as I am not accible to Bo environment as of now.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I'm not able to create a new server. Looks like my license doesn't let me do it. I will follow this up with SAP.

Thanks for your help.

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Julia

Were you able to fix this problem, I am also getting this issue that I create connections but unable to publish universes to repository via the IDT Tool.

Liza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

you are creating a single source universe, you don't need this service.

anyways what is the DB you are trying to connect?

what is the patch level on your service machine?

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I tried to connect to both Oracle and SQL Server. Same issue with both.

The patch on my machine is Patch 3.

Thank you for your help!

JB