cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running Sapinst on Oracle RAC during system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I should convert to unicode a R347 Sap environment running on Linux/Oracle Rac 11.

I did a first attempt to run the Sapinst on one node of the Oracle Rac, but it failf almost immediately with the error :

"CJS-00030 Assertion failed 'OraConfigFile.setFilePath: Argument filePath is not valid /oracle/SID/102_64/network/admin/tnsnames.ora"

Obviously on these nodes the Oracle_HOme is not the usual Sap directory, but it's different as this is a Rac installation.

I try to set a different Oracle_Home, but the Sapinst fails anyway.

So I need to clarify if Sapinst can be used for the database export  with Oracle Rac and if someone has experience on that.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides ORACLE_HOME, the fact that the 4.7 installer does not have a clue about Oracle 11g will be more of a problem.

When i recall this right the official solution is to install SAP with 10g and then upgrade the database software afterwards.

With a release this old you will meet other problems along the way. I suggest you do either a thorough test run or start to consider a SAP upgrade.

Cheers Michael

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

well there is a 6.40 EX2 installation kit available meanwhile, that can work with Oracle 11.

Check out Note 1478351.

You'll need DVDs

• Mat. No. 51043312   NW 04 SR1 Inst. Master for Oracle 10.2/11.2
  • Mat. No. 51040088   SAP Kernel 6.40_EX2 All Platforms

But I do not think it will work with RAC...

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the feedbacks.

I'm already using the Master cd 640 for Ora11.

The problem is that despite you installed the proper Oracle client and the proper Sap Kernel and define all the environment variables for sidadm, when you run the Sapinst it does not works.

It's not able to find the Sap executables or the Oracle libraries, or to recognize the proper DB id, despite they defined into the environment variables.

I spent enought time on it, I think I tested by myself Sapinst cannot definetely be used over an Oracle RAC as for that Oss note.

So I configured the distribution monitor and it worked immediately; It's able to call the R3load , R3szchk and R3ldctl without problems.

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Roberto,

Did you set the permission to installation media after copied and the below note might be helpful.

Note 786673

Regards,