cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts or Exceptions from BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have BPM where there are multiple send steps ( Files ) and Sych Sends as well.

I would like to send alert if Send step fails. We donot have CCMS. I would still be able to send alerts to list of Users I guess. How can I achive this.

BPM steps:

Start - Receive - split - (8 Async sends in Parallel ) - Send Sync - Send Async - Stop

Do I have enclose all 8 Async Sends in a block and add Exception branch ?.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct You have to use On block step with exception handle step with 8 send steps..

in exception handle .. put control step , ..

in alrtcatdef.. add users specific .. whatever you want list..

Here all 8 steps with exception name in each send step..and put in fork and this should be in block with exception .. if any one fails raise exception.. by control step in exception handler..

and if you want to stop the execution / process then put another control step to cancel the process..

Else if you eant to continue after raising the alert , you have to use tranformation step and do not put second controlstep..

see some links here to get an idea..

-

After createing an Alert Category using ALRCATDEF. The next step will be to define an ALERT RULE.

To define an ALERT RULE, just go to your RUN TIME WORKBENCH, and select ALERT CONFIGURATION, and after that , select your ALERT CATEGORY and

and create a rule for that category.

Just check this blog by michael for a complete scenario,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Now, when you use the report RSALERTTEST under SE38, you will find your ALERT CATEGORY, and will be able to trigger it.

This same ALERT can now be used in your BPM.

-

The links below on Alert Management (ALM) will be of good help to you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/567ddea69d3d4c93a6aedabd08899e/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Also go through these blogs:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1382. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Meanwhile look at these forum threads also:

Regards

Chilla..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also check my blog about technical acknowledgments

with file adapter in a BPM (send step)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You can hv all the send steps in the block and declare a exception for the block. Then create an exception branch whr u catch the declared exception. In this brance u can decide wht u want to do when an exception occurs like using a control step. In this step u can either raise alerts, cancel the whole process or continue from the next step

Regards,

Akshay