cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Diagnostics Agent DASID have to be unique?

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

I've read through the documentation and various messages on Google, but I'm still not 100% sure of the answer to this question -- Does the DASID have be unique for all instances in the company?

What I'm doing is setting up a SolMan 7.1 system with three landscapes of systems "attached" as satellites -- ECC, BW and BPOC.  Each landscape will have a Sandbox, Dev, QA and Prod and so each system will also have a diagnostics agent instance installed as well.

The question is... does each DAA instance have to have it's own unique sid (DASID) or can they all be DAA.  What's confusing me is that the sapinst program always fills in the dasid with DAA, but then there are comments that say they have to be unique.

Comments?  Answers?  References?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185257
Participant
0 Kudos

Yea, It should be unique through out your system landscape.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

How are your SAP instances hosted, are all 3 systems (dev, qa, prod) hosted on the same physical server or do you have a separate host for all 3 systems.

Diagnostics Agent SID can be anything you want, it wouldn't make sense to install multiple Diagnostics Agent if all your SAP systems are hosted on the same physical server.

If you have DEV and QA on Host A and Prod on Host B, then you need to install an agent in Host A and Host B.   When assigning agents to Systems you will be assigning Host A's agent to DEV and QA and Host B's agent to Prod.

DAA is the default SID that SAP uses during installation, you can change it to your linking.

Hope this makes sense.

Ravi

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi, there's a mixture in the landscape.  I understand that you want ONE Agent per server, but the question is more does the DAA instance on server A and the one on Server B need to be different DASID's or not.

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  You can have the same SID, since it is on different hosts.  We have 22 Diagnostics Agents on 22 different servers with the same SID.  It is easier to manage that way.

Again, it is up to you.  But, no they don't have to have a different SID.

Ravi

former_member185257
Participant
0 Kudos

Murry,I dont think that if you keep the same DASID on server A and Server B,there will be any problem.