cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW on HANA : Memory Used reduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA Experts,

i run BW on HANA und i have loaded a large amount of data on BW Cubes. The Database Memory Used, as it was shown in Administration from HANA Studio, was up to 192 GB und today it was sundelly dropt to 27 GB without any further operations. I have checked the data in BW and nothing is missing, nobody deleted or compressed any cube, thus i cannot find any explanation.

Has someone faced something like this or have an explanation about it.

Thank you in advanced

Vjola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vjola,

Can you please check the objects which are loaded in the main memory from M_CS_TABLES / M_RS_TABLES.

The memory reduction can happen when the objects are merged / moved out of main memory.

The memory management is handled internally by HANA. Once you start querying the objects by selecting the data, you can see the increase in the memory utilization.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

tables of _SYS_STATISTICS schema( like: HOST_DELTA_MERGE_STATISTICS, HOST_VOLUME_IO_PERFORMANCE_STATISTICS etc.)

are loaded fully with LAST_MERGE_TIME =06.09.2012

From which column exactly can i see if the data are move out of the main memory or not?

Regards,

Vjola

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vjola,

Please look into memory_size_in_total, memory_size_in_main and memory_size_in_delta in M_CS_TABLES.

It will show you how much is in main memory, how much is in Delta (after data load and before merge).

Regards,

Ravi