cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods receipt not possible for delivery error code 4 : Message no. M7865

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello team,

I am getting above error when i am trying to post goods receipt against outbound delivery document using MIGO.

It is an STO scenario, doc type : UB.

Steps followed were :

1) STO

2) Delivery creation and PGI

3) GR against outbound delivery

4) Cancelled GR (102 MVT type)

Now Stock is back in transit.

Now if i try to do pending GR, it gives me above error. Since now status of delivery is completely processed.

Also if i try to cancel material document generated in 4th step (i.e. Cancel 102 mvt), it gives me error "document flow of delivery cannot be updated".

Please let me know how to do this GR and clear stock in transit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Vaibhav Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anna_hannon
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Vaibhav Gandhi

When method OUTBOUND_DELIVERY_READ is called, the error 'M7 865' is raised due to error code 4 'no_items_receiving'.

Method OUTBOUND_DELIVERY_READ calls function module SD_DELIVERY_ITEMS_RECEIVE which calls form WUEB_FUELLEN.

Here, when the internal table WUEB does no have values, the error is triggered. Which means there is no open delivery. It is related to the delivery status which would be still set to 'C - Completed'.

Please check the transactions that each document - original postings and cancellations - were posted through in relation to note 199703. This note explains the problems that occur when mixing the VL* and MM transactions in this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Thanks for you reply.

In my case GR is done in 3rd step. (document flow is updated in delivery).

4Th step - Cancelled material document generated in 3rd step. (Document flow is not updated in delivery).

Now delivery appears to be complete, but 4th setp is not updated in delivery document flow creating inconsistency.

Now how can i do GR since now delivery status is complete, nor can i cancel material document generated in 4th step, since it is giving error ("document flow of delivery cannot be updated").

Is there any other way possible, or should i make error message to warning to perform this cancellation.

Regards,

Vaibhav Gandhi

anna_hannon
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Was your step 4 created with reference to the PO or the delivery? If if was created against the PO, can you reverse the cancellation against the PO?

OR

Can you post MIGO 101 with reference to the PO rather than with reference to the delivery?

If you have to post the GR against the delivery, it may be necessary to fix the VBFA table directly on the DB i.e delete the GR document from the VBFA table.

Please review SAP note 326539

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to determine that step 4 (that is GR cancellation) performed using MBST or against delivery or against purchase order. This issue has been raised by user. I think he has cancelled material docuement of GR that was generated in step 3 which lead to inconsistency. Document flow was not updated. Now if i cancel this document generated in step 4 using MBST, it is giving error of "document flow of delivery cannot be updated". Also this delivery is of year 2011.

And if i also try to do GR against PO, i get same error.

And if i try to do GR against delivery, it gives me error (mentioned in subject of this post), since delivery status is complete.

Now stock is in transit. Please help me to remove this in transit stock.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

One more thing i forgot.

I want to do this pending GR and also not want this to get updated in delivery, since one GR is already updated and its reversal is not. If this time i cancel document generated in step 4 or do GR against PO, then it will get updated in delivery document flow.

This will create more inconsistency since now delivery flow will have 2 GR's but no GR reversal performed in Step 4.

How could i post GR without document flow not getting updated, also stock in transit should get cleared.

Thanks in advance.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Vaibhav Gandhi