cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Reconciliation Account Determination in SAP ERP SD for a (service) material item

Former Member
0 Kudos

To further explain the above question, we have some service material items that are needed to be posted to a reconciliation GL other than that indicated in the customer master record. Is it possible to configure an alternative recon account that will take into consideration the service material item aside from the sales area and the billing document type combination?

I read an article explaining how to configure an alternative reconciliation account determination which will overwrite the recon GL account indicated in the customer master through a combination of Sales Area and Billing Document Type (author: Rohana Gunawardena, Senior Consultant, Exium, Inc.) but what if in addition to the given combination, we need to post to our AR GL account based on the material item / material item group? Is that possible? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! G Lakshmipathi=) thank you for your kind reply. When you said "G/L Account for the material only", are you referring to a reconciling Accounts Receivable GL Account? Do you mean that I can also assign a specific [service] material to an alternate Receivable GL account?  My basic understanding based on the readings i did from the SAP help portal and documentation is that for material items, the GL account that is normally assigned to them are Revenue or Income GL Accounts. That's why I wrote my inquiry above.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have some service material items that are needed to be posted to a reconciliation GL other than that indicated in the customer master record.

I raised the query because of your above statement. 

When you said "G/L Account for the material only", are you referring to a reconciling Accounts Receivable GL Account?

No I referred to Inventory account.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! G Lakshmipathi. Thank you for clarifying your answer. I apologize if my statements confused you but I am looking for the possibility of posting to an alternate accounts receivable account taking also into consideration the material item code / item category group of the material master record.

I found out so far that there are two (2) ways to post to an A/R recon GL account:

1. thru the customer master record's indicated A/R reconciliation GL account; and

2. thru a  combination of Sales Area and SD Billing Document Type (this will overwrite the A/R recon GL indicated in the customer master record.)

Is it possible that aside from the 2nd way of posting to the A/R recon GL, the system will also post to an alternate A/R recon GL based on the material item code / item category group?

Regards,

SJR Erilla

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need to use user exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_0011 as referred in the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/18/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve it through VALIDATIONS & SUBSTITUTION rule and this is simple way.

Take help of FICO consultant they will write substitution rule for replace of reconciliation account based on your requirement.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope your requirement is to post to a different G/L Account for the material only and NOT for the customer.  If that is the case, then you can assign the required G/L Account in OBYC.  If my understanding is wrong, please explain further

G. Lakshmipathi