Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During Upgrade - Phase UPGRADE/DOWNTIME/DEPLOY_ONLINE_DB

former_member183872
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am performing an upgrade of EHP1 NW 7.0 to EHP1 NW 7.3 (i.e. 731).

I am stuck in an issue in the phase UPGRADE/DOWNTIME/DEPLOY_ONLINE_DB.

Please find below the error lines from the log file DEPLOY_ONLINE_DB_DOD.

com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:883) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Exception has occurred during the execution of the phase.
com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:884) [Thread[main,5,main]]: com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.AuthenticationException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1148] Could not establish connection to AS Java on [DMZVM053:50004]. The user is not the emergency user. Wrong or missing security credentials (password) for principal [j2ee_admin], or the specified principal has no permissions to perform JNDI related operations.
com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerImpl.deployList(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:444) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Could not authenticate the given user with AS Java. Check that user and password are correct.
com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeDeploymentManager.execute(PhaseTypeDeploymentManager.java:519) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Error while executing DeploymentManager phase with action deploySlot. Check the log files for the specified action.

Please find attached the below files:

DEPLOY_ONLINE_DB_DOD_01.LOG

Trouble_Ticket.txt

We have raised it to SAP as well but thought of raising here as well, if someone can help me resolving the issue.

We are using the Software Update Manager 1.0 SP05 for the upgrade.

As per the logs SUM should run this phase using SAP* (Emergency User) but using j2ee_admin instead. Hence the phase has gone into error and we cannot proceed further.

Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Anuj Nigam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Anuj,

The error message received points to that emergency user has been activated.

Please cross-check if you can logon to Visual Administrator using J2EE_ADMIN account.

I suppose it will not allow you to login with the message "User SAP* is active, no other user can logon".

If this is the case then kindly deactivate the emergency user using the information from the following help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/bb6ca4f5fe307be10000000a
42189b/frameset.htm

After deactivating it successfully and restarting the java engine, repeat the failing upgrade phase.

Before repeating the phase ensure that the engine is started and you are able to login to VA using J2EE_ADMIN account.

It should move ahead.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

former_member183872
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply.

We had issue in the phase START_J2EE_INITIAL, and SAP asked us to activate SAP* which should be activated for the phase.

And it seems in the phase DEPLOY_ONLINE_DB , SAP* is required (The user is not the emergency user) , but the tool is using J2EE_ADMIN.

Kindly help me understand if SUM is looking for SAP* or j2ee_admin as it is looking for Emergency User and using J2EE_ADMIN.

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj Nigam

0 Kudos

Dear Anuj,

My earlier recommendations hold valid in this case.

Deactivating emergency user should help in resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

former_member183872
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Thank you for your help.

After deactivating SAP* the issue got resolved and Upgrade is in process now.

Even SAP replied with the same solution.

Best Regards,

Anuj Nigam

Answers (0)