cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Restore Transport Number Range Messed up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our basis did a database restore in Dev system and after restore the transport numbers are messed up. Say I have created a transport T101 on 09/03/2012 and released to quality. On 09/05/2012 basis did a database restore as of 08/31/2012. Now one of my teammate created a transport it got the same transport number T101 instead of T102 this is due to restore. I hvae given one example there a lot of transports got messed up. Is there any post setup after database restore to fix this.

Thanks,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes there is a post-step to avoid this .

Before you restore , note down the last transport request (say DEVK900160)in the target system , here DEV from table E070L.

After you restore , insert a higher value of the transport number(say DEVK900170) into the table E070L in DEV system to avoid any conflicts.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

And when you have already restored the system, then you can also check the transport directory or in STMS for the highest number. You will only see released requests, but all unreleased transports are gone anyway.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your particular case I would propose to reset TRKORR number asap, copy the "redundant" transports created after restore to a new number and delete the old ones.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

The only way to modify the transport request number is to change the TRKORR field value in the table E070L.

The request numbers will continue to increment from the number entered in this field.

You can write an ABAP program or do it at the database level.

For more information kindly also refer the SAP Note 12799 which addresses your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek