cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption with SBOMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing in issue with misalignment in APO planning with SBOMs.  Current process is to forecast in DP and release to SNP at SBOM top level to ensure we are driving requirements for all items in SBOM.  However, per standard functionality in sales order integration model, only the SBOM  component sales order lines are being CIFed to SNP.  Therefore we have forecast for 100 units at top level and sales order for "n" units of each SBOM component also driving requirements with no forecast consumption.  DP users do not want to change process to now forecast at SBOM component level.  We assume there is no other solution except a modification on SO IM at user exit ZXCIFU16 to add criteria higher level item indicator (VBAP.UEPOS) <10... essentially flipping current functionality- only bring top level items of SBOM and not components.  Looking for confirmation or other alternatives, as all clients using APO with ECC SBOMs must face this issue? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I assume you mean Sales Order BOM as SBOM in your thread. Also assume that each component in the sales BOM is set as SD relevant, so that they will appear as different line items in Sales order. As per my understanding, even the first line item(Header item) should also be transferred to APO.

If not, are you using kit-to-order scenario? so that the Kit will be not transferred and only the components will be transferred, since they are passing the requirements.

Check the Requirement type of your top level item and check requirement transfer is enabled for that. Also, check the requirement type of your component line items, for which the requirement transfer need not be enabled.

If I am not in the right direction, please give more details.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently investigating with our SD team to better understand the current requirement types and requirement class.  Unfortunately, all settings are custom modifications to standard functionality.  I'll post an update to include our findings.