cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up delay time between 2 background jobs

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

I need your help setting up delay time between 2 SAP background jobs.  I am using events to trigger both the jobs.  After completion of the 1st job, I want to delay the 2nd job for 30seconds.  Any help is appreciated in providing the solution.

Thx

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx every body for pitching in.

I am short of ABAP resources, what I did is I included a consistency report, which runs for 45seconds, in between these 2 jobs.  Problem solved.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Try this ABAP. You can set up a variant for the parameter and add ABAP call in the process chain.

Kind Regards

Alistair Glover.

REPORT Z_CHAIN_DELAY.

**This program allows you to set a delay of 1 to 99999 seconds.

**It is to be used in process chains where a delay is required.

**For example in APO this is between warning users that they will be

**logged off and kicking them out prior to batch jobs.

PARAMETERS: DELAY TYPE I OBLIGATORY LOWER CASE.

WAIT UP TO delay SECONDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Have you tried the option of including the background jobs in the process chain with debug loop option. With that you can wait the second background job based on the seconds which you can set.

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx Reddy,

We need to setup these jobs for TPVS and for technical reason, We were not able to use process chains.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I see it now. May be you can create a wrapper program(ABAP) which triggers the first event associated with the first job and make a loop(with in the defined interval (Usually the first background job execution time) ) with in the program to check for the job status and trigger the second event once the job is completed successfully.

Regards,

Reddy.