Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System error in Inbound synch proxy

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In an SOAP - PI - Proxy synchronous scenario, can the system errors be caught and sent back to the sender SOAP application using CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT? If not, what's the best way to report system errors like divide/0 or passing a invali value for a datatype?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok, the reason I've this question is I'm asked to avoid schema valdation but, capture all sort of errors in fault messages like data length issue in proxy (deserializing transformation error if length of the data exceeds than the specified length), wrong data type error, etc. I'm not sure if its feasible to capture and respond such errors to the source system with fault message type?

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt response. The examples I mentioned may be validation related,but, my requirement is to capture any system errors with Try/Catch and pass it back to the sender using fault message type. Is that possible?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in ABAP proxy not possible to capture system errors(connectivty issues).

What do you mean by System errors?

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Say any dumps in ECC except the connectivity issues..like if I miss to validate divide by zero, I want to capture

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>ike if I miss to validate divide by zero, I want to capture

Write a validation logic before you process the proxy data. If you have validation issues, dont process the data instead send as fault message to the sender system.  This is not technically classified as system errors. The missing validation causes error in the ecc side.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can capture this but you need cover this in proxy logic validation point of view.,

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The adavtage with server ABAP proxy is we can fault message types , do validation in ABAP proxy level and catch all exception and send as a fault message response.

Or

Accomadate couple of fields in ABAP proxy structure(data type) and perform validation at Proxy level and pass validation results are part of response Proxy structure.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If not, what's the best way to report system errors like divide/0 or passing a invali value for a datatype?

This seems application invalid data issues. You can use mapping to validate the values or validate in abap proxy coding and send the response as fault message.