Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to fix the following:

Suppose i have an activity with basic start date 1st Jan 2012, and not i confirmed the activity on 1st Sep 2012, and then reschedule the project.

System automatically updates the basic start date of the activity to 1st Sep 2012. Is there any setting to stop copying of actual dates to the basic dates on rescheduling the project.

Any pointers will be helpfull.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Additional info --> I have already checked the issue by selecting "Shift order" in OPU6, but this dies not work.

Regards,

jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

While carrying out confirmation choose the flag for 'Do Not Update Date' in confirmation screen. Then actual dates will not affect the scheduled dates.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahindra,

Thank you for the quick update, but if i choose the flag for 'Do Not Update Date'in confirmation screen, then then we will have only basic dates but the actual dates will be missing??

And i want to record Actual dates also.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood correctly, you want to retain original basic dates even after activities confirmed are not following scheduled dates. You want this to compare the actual dates with the original basic dates.

If my understanding is correct, then I suggest to follow following steps:

1) Whenever you are scheduling or rescheduling, please save it as project version.

2) This will enable you to compare the original basic dates with the actual dates and most current scheduled dates.

You can also achieve this by copying basic dates into forecast dates which remains static till the time you do not change.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahindra,

I am finally able to achieve what i need by doing following:

OPU6 --> Select Shift Order

In "Control Parameters for WBS Scheduling" --> Select Shift order

Regards,Jatinder