cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration component availability

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I ve been confused, i' ve created variant profile for material? set SD as process, and ticked component availability.Of course material i create as bom for sd. But when i do sd order in va01 on config material screen i do not see any avability button, after i eneter values for char-s system checks whole material avaibility(not componenets) and then i just go to order screen! Where i can see avaibility of components?? i have checked the box in profile....and i do not see any button! In modelling i see it - but after push i get a message "Until now, no BOM explosion has been carried out or no BOM has been created for this material yet.!"

....please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leon,

Please check if you have the application set correctly in the configuration profile. It is on the config parameters. Also please make sure all the components are relevent to sales in the bom (CS03).

Just to be clear, the variant profile you mentioned is configuration profile not the material variant ? OR are you using material variant and expect it to be exploded ?

Regards

Amber

0 Kudos

In config profile i set sd01, all componenents in bom - yes config profile - i did for variant material....i used SD SET, and ticked avaibility. i think i can show screeens

config profile

May be i don't understand, but i want system check componenet materials of config variant - (which is bom) in va01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon .

I am completely confused ..Do you want system to check if the components are available in stock ? Like availability check ?

I cant exactly firgure out the menu path you refered can you please attach the screen shots with english menu.

Thanks

Amber

0 Kudos

Yap, here is screen

my goal, check componenets for my variant in sales order while i am creating, as you see in va01 , i can see menu item - simulation - avaibility - but it is always grey! or please, can You give me right way....for eaxmple custimer wants chair with different colours - different materials, i want see what on stock is fir my variant. as i said my variant material hs super bom and super routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the clarrification I now get what you are looking for. The availability check in variant configuration had to be deactivated as in some scenarios the execution of the availability check and the saving of the sales order led to an automatic and unwanted creation of planned orders. This effect could lead to a double production. According to our colleagues from availability check it is not possible to prevent this unwanted creation of planned orders because of the actual coding structure and the big internal cross-linking.

Therefore, SAP decided to deactivate it and does not support availability check from variant configuration within sales orders. Availability check in variant configuration is only allowed in simulation, which is also  described in F1-help for field RCUCO-MATRS.

Regards

Amber

0 Kudos

Ok , i think i ll try tio find other solutions abap)) for example, thank u n- now i am sure - there is no way to check ATP with variant, thanks for ur time...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from sales forum to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration forum.

G. Lakshmipathi