cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Input Parameter of type Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Input Parameter of type Currency? Is it used for currency conversion purposes?

If I declare a parameter of type currency in an Analytical view, and preview the data. I donot get Value help for Currency Parameter. I am getting a message 'Mandt is null in session context"

Please help me out in this issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

Yes Input Parameter of type currency is for currency conversion where the target currency can be specified at runtime and the conversion happens on the fly. A pre-requisite for this you need to have imported & replicated a set of TCUR* tables from ECC. You can use BODS, SLT or simply create them in a schema (with the same structures as that in ECC) and upload data from a flat file.

When you create an analytic view where you need currency conversion, on the initial pop-up dialog where you give the analytic view name etc, you should also specify the schema name that is relevant for currency conversion (i.e, the schema that contains your TCUR* tables).

After you create your input parameter, you should create a calculated measure that includes the measure you want to do currency conversion on and in the tab that says Currency/Unit of Measure - you should select the measure type as "Amount with Currency". Below in the currency field you should select the Input parameter you had created, check 'Enable for conversion' and then fill out the remain fields and say yes.

Before you can data preview successfully you also need to set a session client. This is because all TCUR* tables have MANDT (Client) as the primary key and you need to specify which client (say 800) exchange rate data it needs to be using. You could do this in two ways:

a. Go to Analytic view properties, change the Default Client property from dynamic to 800 (for e.g.)

OR

b. Go to the user properties/administration (the user that is running the data preview) and there you have the session client option - you can enter 800 there. This is session specific whereas option (a) is specific only to that analytic view.

To add, if you leave the default client property as 'Dynamic' - it picks up the value from the session client property in the user administration screen.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annoj,

Im checking the currency usage in Rev 25.

I followed the steps as you said. In the calculated measure when defining the exchange rate im getting the error message "Session Clinet is missing for the user profile, Please configure it".

When i checked the user profile the session client is blank and i dont have authorisation to change the client. So, i changed the property of the default client "DYNAMIC" to 800 in the analytic view. After that also im getting the above error.

As per your comments, i understood that its sufficient  if we change the property of the default clinet in the analytic view.

Wether the usage of the currency in Variable and Input Parameter will differ?

Can you please guide me.

Thanks in advance!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

Prior to revision 26, you didn't have input parameters - there was only variables and you had to do currency translation using variables. Check note - 1691126 for details.

If the tables used in an analytic view have the MANDT field, it definitely picks up the client value from the Default client property of the view. Hence I assumed this would be the case for variables/input parameters as well. I haven't tested this myself. If that isn't working as you say, you will have to set the session client on the user administration itself.

You have to get the SYSTEM or another user with USER_ADMIN system privilege to do this for you. You can also use the statement

SET SESSION CLIENT = '800' (for e.g.) - even there it would check for authorization.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1714408 for your reference

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

I have 2 schema in HANA Studio Cloud share system. One for ECC and another one is users schema (Given for learning purpose).

In the ECC schema, we dont have TCUR* tables. So what i did was i created a table TCURR with the same structure as the ECC table in the users schema.

When i create a analytic view , i can find only the ECC schema and not the users schema in the schema for  currency conversion.

How can we bring the user schema in the schema for currency conversion?

Do we need to have all the TCUR* tables for currency conversion or is it enough to have only TCURR table in the schema?

Thanks in Advance!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need all of these tables as per SAP's documentation.

TCURC, TCURF, TCURN, TCURR, TCURT, TCURV, TCURW and TCURX

Hope you are using the user that owns the users schema for creating the analytic view.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

Thanks for your inputs!!

1. If i changed the client value in preferences -> Default Model Parameter. Will it change the session client value? I tried that but it didnt change..

2. When we create an analytic view, how can we include our schema in the "Schema for currency conversion",

3. I excuted the statement but i getting "Incorrect Syntax near client".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

1. This option is similar to what you would give in the Default Client property except that it is global in the sense that it will be applicable to applicable to all analytic views

2. Yes when you create an analytic view, you have the option to select the schema that is relevant for currency conversion - that should be the schema where your TCUR* tables lie

3. Try set session 'client' = '800'; instead - again you might need the right authorization for this as stated previously.

Thanks,

Anooj