cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dp Question

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two question with respect DP Scenario.

1. We are implementing DP BOM Scenario. In this case our PDS comes from R3 and it is SNP PDS. I need to convert this SNP PDS to DP PDS for using into the DP BOM scenario. There is an Help document which talks about this conversion but there is nothing much details on how to convert. Could anyone help me basic steps performed to convert the SNP BOM to DP BOM or any document which talk with respect to steps followed for conversion. Kindly please help me with details.

2. This is a query: We have product and BOM defined to it. Our Finished product constitute of 3 component product defined in the BOM. I have BOM but I have not maintained the Production Version in the MRP4 tab and also all my products are externally procured even the finished product. My question is that if I CIF the Finished Product BOM to APO, would my PDS will have the details of Component material? Actually I have performed this step and it was successful but when I checked in the PDS transaction in APO I saw the finished product but my component materials where not listed in that PDS.

Could you suggestion whether my scenario would work or could you explain the behavior of result of the steps I performed above.

Kindly please assist me.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

1. You can generate the DP BOMs (PDS) using /SAPAPO/CURTO_GEN_DP -

Path -> Easy access - > SAP Menu \ Master Data \ PDS \

2. Have you included the components as well along with the Parent in the integration model(CFM1 - Transfer)? 

0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

Thanks for the response.

1. Can I use this transaction for SNP PDS or PPDS PDS also?

2. Yeah I have define my component material for ciffing.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

1. You can use the same transaction for generating DP PDS either from PPDS PDS or SNP PDS. In the transaction, you can see the option to select either SNP PDS or PPDS PDS.

2. Please make sure all your component materials are transferred to APO correctly in /SAPAPO/MAT1 transaction. If not transfer them first and then the PDS. Also make sure you are not transferring Material and PDS in the same integration model. It is the best practice to transfer material with one integration model first and then transfer the PDS in another integrtion model later.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please check whether all of your components are valid as of today. If the components are valid in future and if you are in ECC 5.0 system won't transfer those components.

0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for the reply. My another question is that, would PDS appear in the APO even if we not maintain the Production Version of BOM in MRP4 Tab? If yes then what exactly the use of maintaining the Production Version?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for the reply. My another question is that, would PDS appear in the APO even if we not maintain the Production Version of BOM in MRP4 Tab? If yes then what exactly the use of maintaining the Production Version?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Answers (0)