Questions about Printing in WM (WMTA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

there is the following process:

Stock transfer order -> Delivery -> GI - GR

Works all wonderful.

In the delivery is found an WMTA entry.

I was told: WMTA is ALWAYS used ONLY FOR Lean-WM and with the combination 8/4 (as the parameters. And it is always given in the SAP standard.

Is this all correct? esp. that with Lean-WM?

Then there is the problem: the entry WMTA in my above mentioned delivery has status green, but people complain to have get no print output and there is nothing in the spool.

How (if possible) could I improve that? Normally (nowadays) I need to go the document flow of delivery, display the transfer order.

But on the other hand - I was told as well - it would make no sense to reprint a WMTA via LT31. I sthis correct as well?

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

A WMTA is a message which creates a TA (transfer order) (all the message does is call the function for the TA creation). so it has not really anything to do with Lean WM and it is not always coming with Lean WM.

If you have no print out, you have to check the TA which has been created. If you can't find anything in the document flow, then probably TA creation failed (I have never check, but probably the WMTA message gets processed and does not show anything if the TA creation failed or was sucessful - it is always on green). So you need to check the status in your delivery and the status of the TA.

It does not make sense to "reprint" the WMTA, as either it has created the TA (and there is no material for putaway or picking anymore) or it simply fails again.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

WMTA is the output type used for automatic creation of transfer order when  delivery is created,

Printing of Transfer order through WMTA needs to be crosschecked , create variant in LT23 for pick Transfer order and print respective pick list  in LT31 .

Thanks

Jinoy

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this all correct? esp. that with Lean-WM?

Read the link to get clarification on it http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c6/f8406c4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm . Also read OSS Note 87194 - Direct transfer order generation for further information.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check OMLV settings

thanks,

mahesh