Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Candy software integration with SAP PS

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can is it possible to integrate candy software with SAP PS module? just like msp & primavera software.

If it is possible then how we can integrate with SAP PS & what will be the road map to achieve the same?

Brief information about Candy Software:

Basically Candy is an integrated Project Control System software specifically designed for construction industry professionals and their assistants, so the various "personalities" of Candy include Estimating, Valuations, Critical Path Planning, Forecasting and Cash flow modelling, etc.

This means that you set up Candy according to the type of work that you do.

There is also a variety of construction related tools such as Material Costing, Drawing Register, Sub-contract database, Allowable Cost Reconciliation, Information Schedules and Time-Location charts. All of these components interact in exactly the way that the various personnel interact, so that the flow of information within the company is bounded and complete.

Awaiting for your valuable response.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Candy is a free standing software mainly used for construction estimation. There is no separate Data base for candy as it is only a free standing software.

you can very well export candy data into excel and upload to SAP.

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks abdul for helpful answer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can any one update on possibility of candy software & sap ps integration.

Awaiting for your valuable response.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Frankly speaking I have not heard any integration case study for this software with SAP.

However before arriving how to do it, I would like to ask few questions.

1) What database is CANDY software ?

2) What data you want to update from Candy to SAP?

3) What data you want to flow from SAP to Candy ?

About integration with SAP, I think it should be possible using PI. However one need to understand which data and where you want to update it.

The best way to go about it, to assess which software is best for a specific purpose?

For example: SAP is not an cost estimation tool, so you assuming Candy is good at it, you take this data from Candy to SAP. SAP is good at scheduling, so transfer scheduling data from SAP to Candy.

In this way, you will need to arrive on data flow.

After the design is fixed, you can then use PI or anyother suitable technology to connect both sfotwares.

Regards,

Mahendra

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra.

Once I get with all relevant deatils will get back to you.

Regards,

Sandeep Theurkar