cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy setup SAP to PI (7.31 single-stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to setup the proxy communication from SAP to PI (7.31 single-stack).

I went through this very good blog by Michal on how to set this up.

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2012/01/19/michals-pi-tips-how-do-you-activate-abap-...

I created the outbound proxy from my Service Interface and activated succesfully.

Now when i test i get the following error

GET_BUSINESS_SYSTEM_ERROR An error occurred when determining the business system (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

When i do SLDCHECK i get the following error (According to blog it shouldnt be necesary to create SAPSLDAPI)

What am i missing here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>(According to blog it shouldnt be necesary to create SAPSLDAPI)

these are not exactly my words

quote:

"2. SAPSLDAPI is also not necessary for proxy connectivity and you don't need to create any Jco RFC provider destination on AEX - in most cases you will connect to a central SLD (probably on SOLMAN) anyway.  "

you still have to connect your backend system to SLD (so with SAPSLDAPI) so sldcheck has to work but it does not need to point to PI server

BTW

I've updated the blog to avoid the confusion

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Sorry for the confusion.. i just though the SLDCHECK could help me with a solution to the problem i have when testing the proxy.

But what you say is that i should be able to test my proxy if i have done only what you mention in your blog or am i wrong here?

quote:

Now when i test i get the following error

GET_BUSINESS_SYSTEM_ERROR An error occurred when determining the business system (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please be aware that there was a bug in SLDCHECK when you specified "Use HTTP Destination" in SLDAPICUST. As a result SLDCHECK showed an error when you deleted LCRSAPRFC

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2066093

raviteja_satuluri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks for Your Reply.

But for That Is asking Username and Password

I don't have those Credentials

So Please Guide Me

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ravi

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I only added my above post to this thread for reference. If you have a current problem, search SCN / other resources and come back here opening a new thread (mark as question) if you are stuck.

Cheers

Jens

PS: If you don't have the credentials to your PI system you need to manage, things might get a little hairy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

I got it working after setting up the channel SAPSLDAPI and the corresponding JCo RFC Provider in PI.

These are the steps needed to get it working on a single stack PI (AEX)

Create in AEX:

1. JCo RFC Provider from NWA

Create in SAP:

1. RFC Destination (G) - SAP_PROXY_ESR
    1. Path: /rep
  2. RFC Destination (G) - Channel to PI
    1. Path: /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true
  3. RFC Destination (T) - SAPSLDAPI
    1. Program ID: JCo Service Provider
  4. Setup SLDAPICUST
  5. Setup SXMB_ADM - Integration Engine Configuration
former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

interesting reading and comments - thanks as I've also struggled with this.

as Michal has said you do not need the ECC SM59 LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI destinations for single stack PI.  (just SAP_PROXY_ESR).

But for SLDCHECK to work you will need to ensure that ECC tx SLDAPICUST is pointing to "Access the SLD Server using HTTP". 

So now both my ECC tx SPROXY and SLDCHECK work as expected.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for all your answers, still not closer to my problem 😞

How do i setup SAPSLDAPI to connect to PI single-stack?

I still get following error when testing from SPROXY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created the correspondent Business System in PI landscape directory SLD associated to the correct logical port? (transaction RZ70 from your SAP system)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my SLD is setup correctly?

I have both my SAP system and my PI system

I have setup RZ70 in backend to point to my PI Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can  you please follow the following steps and let me know what do you get?

1. Try to set up again the SAP system from RZ70, check whether has been assigned a logical system name to the Technical system and then add/update the corresponding Business system into SLD of PI.
  2. check the SLDAPICUST (the logon data are correct?) and then run again the SLDCHECK (could you copy the output error if present?)
  3. Check that the com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.r3.client

parameter in the exchange profile of PI corresponds to the Integration Server client.

you can find this in the following link: http://<Servername:port>/exchangeProfile

Check the above settings and let me know.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

you have to setup SAPSLDAPI. Have a look to Proxy Configuration for PI 7.3 Java only.

Regards,

Udo

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

this blog is also not correct - there is no need to LCRSAPRFC in single stack PI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As you can see from the screen you get by launching SLDCHECK transaction from the SAP system that needs to be configured what is still missing are some RFC Destination to be correctly mantained and some others configurations on other SAP transaction such as SLDAPICUST.

First step you can take is to take a look to the following SAP documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

(in particular I suggest you to focus on the flow chart that helps you to find out what is missing in your configuration).

Anyway I will list the basic configuration you need to cover this configuration task.

In SM59 of your SAP system you have to create/mantain the following destinations:

• SAP_PROXY_ESR (type G)
  • SAPSLDAPI (type T)
  • LCRSAPRFC (type T)
  • PI_AEE (type G) next this destination is to be inserted into SXMB_ADM transaction -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Corresponding Integ. Server as shown in Michal blog.

Within transaction SLDAPICUST check whether the connection parameters are maintained correctly. If the correct user, password, host name and port are maintained and the primary flag is set to a valid parameter set, re-enter the valid password.

Then try to log-on to http://<host>:<port>/sld using the user and password maintained in transaction SLDAPICUST.

Within transaction SU01 check the validity of the user and password maintained in SLDAPICUST.

Check whether this user exists and if it is not locked. Also check if the SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER role is assigned to this user.

Finally try  to launch the SLDCHECK transaction again to see if it has been correctly configured.

Hope this helps.

Bye.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Antonio,

as per my blog - LCRSAPRFC - is not necessary - it's only SAPSLDAPI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk