cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract data from SAP HANA and display those on SAP NW Portal (7.3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community!

I've got a question about SAP HANA and SAP NW Portal (7.3).

Is it possible to extract data from SAP HANA and deploy / display those on SAP NW Portal (7.3) (maybe in an iView or something else)?

Is it also possible to handle data from the HANA with SAPUI5 ?

If it is possible, would you be so kind and give me a short instruction or a link so I can read by myself.

Thank you very much for helping.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a use case to extract data from HANA [Calc View] and provide the data to a third party analytic vendor outside our network/firewall. Does anyone know if Data Services 4.0 will have access only to the main store tables or has access to the views as well?

Thanks,

Anand

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand:

Data services is an ETL tool not suited for reporting. You can use any BO reporting tool (Crystal / Webi / Dashboard) to create your report using HANA data and then publish to BO launch pad portal and provide access to 3rd party via intranet or internet.

If you do not have BO, then use any ODBC / JDBC complaint reporting tool to substitue BO - but remember  SAP may not have certified your reporting tool for HANA access.

Good luck...hope this info is useful.

Regards,

Rama

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Union:

There are couple of ways to integrate SAP Portal with HANA data.  The most common ways are:

1 - You can build a report using any report tool that is HANA compliance on the web and create a SAP Portal URL iView to your web report

OR

2 - You can use Business Object 4x Launch Pad integration within SAP Portal and then publish your BO to the SAP Portal.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you for replying.

I think I have to describe my problem/question a little bit more detailled:

1. First of all, I load data into SAP HANA, e.g. from our HR-System

2. Now I would like to dispay/show these data in SAP NW Portal 7.3.

And I don't know how to do that?

I can load data into SAP HANA, that's no problem, but I don't know how to dispay them in SAP NW Portal 7.3. ?

All answeres welcomed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ravi suggested above, you could create reports on top of the HANA database and expose them as iviews within the enterprise portal. BusinessObjects 4.0 (BI 4.0) reporting tools should be your natural choice as it integrates with HANA quite well.

Here is a nice video on how you can integrate the BI 4.0 with the portal.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-10000

Thanks,

Anooj

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Load data on HANA" and "show data on Portal" aren't business requirements.

Please explain your needs in terms of your business needs and we can try to suggest the best architecture you could use for that.

In time, Portal won't consume data directly from HANA.

You'll need to use another frontend tool as mentioned here (e.g. BO, XS Engine, UI5, etc.) and publish it on Portal.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd suggest to expose the iView of the report built on HANA database. The report can be built using any HANA supported front end tools.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is your need.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HANA is a database used for analysis. Reporting tools can sit directly on HANA a view data in the database. generally HANA should not be used as another layer in data movement but as an analytic model. SAP Dashboards and Webi for example can report off HANA. BW will sit on HANA in the future.

More Details for integration with SAP NW can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/nw73bwhana