cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I try to create WEBAS ABAP TS, I can see ADD NEW LOGON GROUP on the right side....

What is that for?

Also

When I try to create a WEBAS ABAP BS,

It Asks for Business System Role as: Application System or Integration Server...what is this?

and we also have to mention the related integration server, can we have more than one IS in XI???

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon groups are used for logon load balancing among available appclication servers (These server cab be contains Dialog/Background/Update/Spool work processe. This is dedpend on how you want to utilize the application server.)

The server which is installed with all the services Dialog/Backgroud..... + MESSAGE SERVER is known as central instance.

-

You can not have more than one IS for ONE XI Instance. ONE XI = ONE IS

From WAS 620 onwards each ABAP server has its own integration server.

IS is a central processing engine of XI. All the messaes regardless of backend technology process in consistent way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the below link

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak

Regards

Chilla...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

>>When I try to create WEBAS ABAP TS, I can see ADD NEW LOGON GROUP on the right side....

Where do you see this? I dont see any option like that.

>>When I try to create a WEBAS ABAP BS,

It Asks for Business System Role as: Application System or Integration Server...what is this?

For all your R/3 and SAP products like SRM, CRM you have to select Application Server. You will create a Business system for XI server. It will be configured as Integration Server.

>>we also have to mention the related integration server, can we have more than one IS in XI???

We can have more than one XI server in your land scape(One for dev, one for QA and one for Prod). All these can have a single SLD and hence you find this option. But you have only one IS in one XI server.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jai Could you please elaborate othe last two answers....

Ashish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A business system, which is associated with a Web AS ABAP, can play the role either of an application system or an integration server. An integration server is the central component of XI, which provides a framework for the exchange of information among various internal and external entities of a company. The integration server facilitates the interaction between the different operating systems and applications across internal and external networks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ashish

i guess u can more than one IS in XI,suppose u have one XI Dev system ,one QA/Prod system both use different IS but reside in the same SLD.

thanx

ahmad