cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM SYNTAX_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I updated SPAM to the latest version of 7.02/0047 before I patch SAP_BASIS & SAP_ABA. During the patching, I opened a new window doing some operations, and the system got frozen. So I used the task manager to stop the process and logon the system again. However, when I wanted to use SPAM to continue the patching, it popped out the error as follows. Any one have any clue about what to do? Thanks in advance!

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         SYNTAX_ERROR

ABAP Program           SAPLSPAM

Application Component  BC-UPG-OCS

Date and Time          04.09.2012 13:28:13

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Short text                                                                                        |

|    Syntax error in program "SAPLSUU1 ".                                                          |

|What happened?                                                                                    |

|    Error in the ABAP Application Program                                                         |

|                                                                                                  |

|    The current ABAP program "SAPLSPAM" had to be terminated because it has                       |

|    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.                                |

|                                                                                                  |

|    The following syntax error occurred in program "SAPLSUU1 " in include "LSUU1U09               |

|     " in                                                                                         |

|    line 262:                                                                                     |

|    "The type or row type "USRXX_DELETE" of the argument that is specified "                      |

|    "after FROM cannot be converted to table "USR07" in the key part,"                            |

|    " "                                                                                           |

|    " "                                                                                           |

|    The include has been created and last changed by:                                             |

|    Created by: "SAP "                                                                            |

|    Last changed by: "SAP "                                                                       |

|    Error in the ABAP Application Program                                                         |

|    The current ABAP program "SAPLSPAM" had to be terminated because it has                       |

|    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.                                |

|What can you do?                                                                                  |

|    Please eliminate the error by performing a syntax check                                       |

|    (or an extended program check) on the program "SAPLSUU1 ".                                    |

|    You can also perform the syntax check from the ABAP Editor.                                   |

|    If the problem persists, proceed as follows:                                                  |

|    Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.                                          |

|    To process the problem further, contact you SAP system                                        |

|    administrator.                                                                                |

|    Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look                                   |

|    at and manage termination messages, and you can also                                          |

|    keep them for a long time.                                                                    |

|Error analysis                                                                                    |

|    The following syntax error was found in the program SAPLSUU1 :                                |

|    "The type or row type "USRXX_DELETE" of the argument that is specified "                      |

|    "after FROM cannot be converted to table "USR07" in the key part,"                            |

|How to correct the error                                                                          |

|    Probably the only way to eliminate the error is to correct the program.                       |

|    -                                                                                             |

|    If you cannot solve the problem yourself and want to send an error                            |

|    notification to SAP, include the following information:                                       |

|    1. The description of the current problem (short dump)                                        |

|       To save the description, choose "System->List->Save->Local File                            |

|    (Unconverted)".                                                                               |

|    2. Corresponding system log                                                                   |

|       Display the system log by calling transaction SM21.                                        |

|       Restrict the time interval to 10 minutes before and five minutes                           |

|    after the short dump. Then choose "System->List->Save->Local File                             |

|    (Unconverted)".                                                                               |

|    3. If the problem occurs in a problem of your own or a modified SAP                           |

|    program: The source code of the program                                                       |

|       In the editor, choose "Utilities->More                                                     |

|    Utilities->Upload/Download->Download".                                                        |

|    4. Details about the conditions under which the error occurred or which                       |

|    actions and input led to the error.                                                           |

|

|    SAP kernel....... 720                                                                         |

|    created (date)... "Aug 24 2012 23:19:49"                                                      |

|    create on........ "NT 5.2 3790 S x86 MS VC++ 14.00"                                           |

|    Database version. "SQLDBC 7.8.2.023 "                                                         |

|    Patch level. 314                                                                              |

|    Patch text.. " "                                                                              |

|    Database............. "MaxDB 7.7, MaxDB 7.8, MaxDB 7.9"                                       |

|    SAP database version. 720                                                                     |

|    Operating system..... "Windows NT 5.0, Windows NT 5.1, Windows NT 5.2, Windows                |

|     NT 6.0, Windows NT 6.1, Windows NT 6.2"                                                      |

|          

Best Regards,

Lancy                                   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.0x AS ABAP contains solution:

SAPKB70028

Symptom: If the import of the Support Package SAPKB70028 terminates in  the phase IMPORT_PROPER, it cannot be continued in the Support Package Manager because this leads to a syntax error in SAPLSUU1:

The row type from "USRXX_DELETE" cannot be converted to the table  "USR07" in the key part.

Solution: To avoid the error, the DDIC user check can be deactivated in  the settings of the Support Package Manager (option "Check for active  DDIC user"). This is possible as of SPAM/SAINT Version 0043.

If the error has already occurred, the deactivation can take place only  in the configuration table PATCHECK.  For the entries with CHECK_NAME = "DDIC_USER_REQ", set the value of the field ACTIVE to " " (space/blank character). Then you can continue importing the Support Package queue.

After you import the Support Package queue, you can activate the check  again in the settings.

This solution worked for me - i have edited PATCHECK table using function module SE16N_INTERFACE.

Rgds,

JarekD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool stuff, I ended up  here after coming from other error (Syntax error in program SAPLSTRD). In my case, I did it old style:

- SQL developer and launching: update patcheck set active = ' ' where check_name = 'DDIC_USER_REQ'

Not elegant but efficient...

Cheers. Raúl.

0 Kudos

Hello.

I used the solution provided by note Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.0x AS ABAP

I changed PATCHECK table using TCODE SE16 with /h (debug). Changing CODE=SHOW to EDIT.

Thanks Jaroslaw Dubowski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This was my problem and i deactivated the "Check for active  DDIC user"... Now is working!

Thank you

tobiasharmes
Participant
0 Kudos

Same here. Note 822379 - SAPKB70028. I also used SE16 like Mauricio.

Thanks for the hint.

Cheers, Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least it solved my problem - thanks!!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was updating a Solution Manager instance 7.1 (from SP4 to SP10) and also had this short dump.

The solution documented in the "Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.0x AS ABAP" was not enough to overcome the short dump (considering that Solman 7.1 is based on NW702).

So, I took the same action explained by Barbara Pratschke.

Once the FUGR was modified (and the related transport request was released), it was possible to continue with the whole SP Stack implementation.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lancy,

There is function module to delete aborted support packages if there is no lock persists for those support patches.

Function module: OCS_QUEUE_RESET in SE37

After excuting that you need to provide the T-code SPAM and proceed.

BR,

Prabhakar

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

And this is what I did to fix it.

SQL> select ACTIVE from SAPSR3.PATCHECK where CHECK_NAME='DDIC_USER_REQ';

ACT

---

X

X

SQL> update SAPSR3.PATCHECK set ACTIVE=' ' where CHECK_NAME='DDIC_USER_REQ';

2 rows updated.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

Hope this helps someone.

Good Luck

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Reagan, this was the clearest option for me

Akashcm10
Explorer
0 Kudos

in the SPAM screen, Goto -> Settings

Deactivate Check for active DDIC user. That will resolve the issue

Cheers,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Lancy,

we seem to be some early birds. I have the same issue. I had to repeat the SPS12 application, and SPAM kept failing. I have set the failing statement to comment, released the transport to unlock the function group and repeated SPAM. Now I can at least continue. Obviously, after the SPS application I will revert my change. And I do agree, if the issue still stays afterwards, I will report the issue to SAP.

Hope I can help a bit

Barbara

Just one update. i have now completed the application of SPS12 for SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA and some more. All isuees are resolved and the changed FUGR does not need to be changed back as it will be updated by an SP pack directly and the affected record is corrected. If my solution is also working for you, Lancy, please set the question to answered. Good luck Message was edited by: Barbara Pratschke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

That's great to see you solved the problem and goes smoothly. I think I am still new to the system and really need to know more about the processes

But I just re-installed it, much easier than looking into a lot of notes and messages.

But thank you so much for sharing your solution!

Regards,

Lancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Barbara,

Thanks for sharing the solution worked for me as well..

Regards,

Sohrab Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barb,

Good solution. One that I will remember for future patching.

charles_koekemoer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barbra,

May you kindly outline the process to comment the code adn as well as resetting the transport. I am currently stuck on the same error.

Kind regards,

CK

charles_koekemoer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barbra,

i have resolved the issue with your solution. Thank you!!

Regards,

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lancy,

Please check at OS level if any tp process related to support packs in running at the OS level also for activity under /usr/sap/trans/tmp.

If so that means SP import is still running. You should wait patiently for it get over and then to try to login.

If not then you can OS level import (not really recommended by SAP though)

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

As it was a test system, and re-install really took less time than so I re-installed it.

Still, thank you for giving these ideas!

Regards,

Lancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lancy,

Looked like it was stopped in the middle of SPAM/SAINT update. I suggest you to raise OSS message.

It is not really recommended to use below tp r3i to import from OS level, but you can try. Ensure you use the latest version of tp and r3trans.

tp r3i all <SID> pf=<transport profile> tag=spam -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8

Regards,

Yohanes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yohanes,

Thanks for your suggestion!

But I did not solve the problem, instead I re-install the system and ran the update without patching.