cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR_SAPJVM directory

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

I can see the value of DIR_SAPJVM is set as below in the instance profile for NW7.3 (java only) system

DIR_SAPJVM = $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)$(DIR_SEP)sapjvm_6

Since this is a java only system, i can't use AL11 to check the directories.

How do i find the value $(DIR_SEP)? where is it defined.

Thanks & Regards,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These parameters DIR_* are usually SAP standard and are actually kernel understandable .

DIR_EXECUTABLE is a standard one pointing to /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance_name>/exe

DIR_SEP is also SAP standard meaning /

So DIR_SAPJVM = /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance_name>/exe/sapjvm_6

You can get the standard ones' values from any other ABAP system running report RSPFPAR and they remain the same for all SAP standard systems barring the system specific replacements such as SID and Instance names.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

Are these same for any version of SAP? I dont have any other NW7.3 (Kernel 7.20) system with ABAP stack to check them. But i've some ABAP systems running on NW7.0. Can i run RSPFPAR on it & check them or they vary based on the netweaver version?

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can check in NW 7.0 system as well , the standard ones do not change with version as such . The new standard ones  come in with the newer releases.This is what I have seen .

Regards

Ratnajit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Just wanted to add my comments. Thought of will be useful.

How do i find the value $(DIR_SEP)? where is it defined.

$(DIR_SEP) is directory separator. As suggested ratnajit report RSPFPAR  gives you the value which is generally /.

For example following profile parameter can be converted into readable.Means $(DIR_SEP)  is replaced by /

rsec/ssfs_datapath = $(DIR_GLOBAL)$(DIR_SEP)security$(DIR_SEP)rsecssfs$(DIR_SEP)data

rsec/ssfs_datapath = $(DIR_GLOBAL)/security/rsecssfs/data

Cheers

Mahesh Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello to all!

I installed the Solution manager in a virtual machine Windows 2008R2 + oracle (ESXi) and parameters are with errors. What could be causing these errors?

Since already very grateful!