SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning by Collection Strategy (BRF+)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, we are migrating from Dunning by dunning procedure to Dunning by Collection Strategy.
We have the following enhancements active in our system:

• EVENTS: 303 ; 306 ; 360 ; 395

According to SAP Note 1289497, Events 303 and 306 are not called when running Dunning by Collection Strategy.

Keeping in view the enhancements in place for Dunning, what would be the best way forward to tackle the situation i.e. is there an alternative for using Events 303 and 306.

Also, in order for us to keep using Events supported by BRF+, do we just change the source code whereby replacing field names for Dunning Procedure / Dunning Level to Collection Strategy / Collection Step - would that suffice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Firstly - event 303 - any logic here should be taken over by business rules.  Event 306 is no longer used - maybe event 309 will help, but it is not possible to say.  i would expect that you do not need to keep that logic.  Dunning is grouped and processed based on the settings for collections master data groups in IMG and FPCG.

The logic to support dunning procedure is significantly different from collection strategy that most customer code in events would be thrown out and likely included in brf rules.  This needs to be well understood.

As for the other question - i don't understand what you are trying to do - where are you looking to replace A with B?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Firstly - event 303 - any logic here should be taken over by business rules.  Event 306 is no longer used - maybe event 309 will help, but it is not possible to say.  i would expect that you do not need to keep that logic.  Dunning is grouped and processed based on the settings for collections master data groups in IMG and FPCG.

The logic to support dunning procedure is significantly different from collection strategy that most customer code in events would be thrown out and likely included in brf rules.  This needs to be well understood.

As for the other question - i don't understand what you are trying to do - where are you looking to replace A with B?

0 Kudos

Thank you William - that makes sense.

Now, where you say that the logic for 303 can be taken over by business rules - I see that there is a table being used for Open Items in that Event which is not available to use in the current BRF application ( called via Event 315 ).

Are we allowed to pass on additional information via the functional module ( at event 315 ) to the BRF App ?

0 Kudos

Yes - you define the data to be passed to brf and then configure brf to receive that data.  standard logic in event 315 shows you the way to do it and provides the logic for using the 'normal' data.