cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP hana modelling error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,ll

I have just started my hana course, but during the practice session i am getting some error "JDBC. driver exception. SAP DBTECH JDBC. {391][AT 74]: INVALIDATED VIEW "   

I have created three tables based on which i have created attribute view and was validated sucessfully but when i go for data preview it gives me the above error..

I request your help me to clarify error

Thanks and regards,

sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the authorizations as well. Did you guys upgrade to a new patch? Try creating a new attrib or anlaytical view on existing tables to eliminate auth issues.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rama,

I have created another attribute view and did all the steps & done activation, validation hence got the same error. then later on i have used other table from different schema and this time i can able to see data preview... Just wanted to know hw the data is not visible on my view... where i am wrong.

Regards,

sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev

Have you added your schema in which your base tables are present  to _SYS_REPO user with grantable to others checked Yes.if not can you try and provide your feedback.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh,

Please let me how to check how to check our base table in _SYS_REPO user..

I can see _SYS_REPO in my system catalog with several tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Review your security as follows:

All info models are owned by user _SYS_REPO. Therefore it must have access to all schemas you want to view. As owner of data schema run: GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <data_schema> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION.  Right clivk and add the tables you use to this schema.

Also - Check your user in the Authorisations folder under the Catelog folder. Ensure under the SQL privileges tiy see your attribute view. If you dont you need to add the activated version of it _SYS_BIC."<package>/<view>". Next highlight it and ensure the SELECT priviliege is ticked on the right side. Save and refresh system. Make sure the client assigned to your user is correct.

This is the required privilege for reading from the view.

For reading data from the analytic view you need to also ensure there is one valid analytic privilege for the view which can be defined on the private attribute of the analytic view or on the field from the attribute view.

If all else fails check the tables your attribute view uses are populated. Do a data preview on the base tables and see if data is returned.

Kind regards,

Danielle

Former Member
0 Kudos

execute SQL:

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA [your_schema] TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION

in place of [your_schema] type your actual schema name.

This will solve your problem and if you search SCN then you will find that this is common issue which every newbie in HANA faces.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks gourav. now i am able to view the data... thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Danielle,

Now i am able to view the data! thanks a lot.

Regards,

sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

The error seems to point to the fact that the view is inactive. Did it activate successfully? If so, do you mind sending the whole error text when you run the data preview? You should be able to click on the littile 'i' button on the right to get the full error text.

If the view has not activated successfully, you will need to look into the activation log for the errors.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Did you ensure you both validated and ACTIVATED your view? if the view is not activated it will have a grey circle on the technical name. if it is not activated then the column view in the  _SYS_BIC schema in Catelog folder is not created. _SYS_BIC holds all views which are accessible for reporting purposes. _SYS_BI holds the metadata.

Kind regards,

Danielle

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anooj,

I have activated the view infact grey square box has disappear after the activation. I did this process for all other views hence getting the same error.

regards.

sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi danielle,

i have done the activation infact the grey circle disappears after the activation.

What is sys_BIC schema in the catelog folder and how to create this ... pl advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

_SYS_BIC schema along with all HANA database schemas (storage areas) can be found under the default catelog folder. This schema holds all column views which reporting tools can access. IE any time a user wants to report off HANA the reporting tools read these column views stored in this schema. Column views are automatically created when you activate your model views. you do not need to worry about manually creating these. As you mention you have now activated your view but still cant preview data but can on other tables I would guess this is an authorisation issue. Please ask your hana security team to review your authorisation. It helps to send the error message - usually the last part of the message which says exactly what is going wrong. Also check the model client and the client you have set up in the system.

Kind regards,

Danielle