cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regaring "User Defined" tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to hide the tab "User Defined" - either by security profile oder toolbar customization.

I already tried via security profiles by setting all access rights according "User Defined" to "deny" but the tab still remains in the main navigation toolbar. I also tried to hide this tab via toolbar customization but it seems I didn't use the correct toolbar id(s):

Does someone know the correct toolbar id or could please give me a hint where to find it as it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

in case you want to entirely disable "User Defined", you could login as system user and disable the system property. Search for userdefined* in "Property". and set the property to FALSE.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Is disabling the property the only way or is it also possible to keep it active but just to hide it (in case that only specific users should be able to see it)?

According to the Sourcing Help this should be possible via security profiles but even when disabling all access rights for "user defined" it remains visible. So for my understanding there must be at least one additional setting somewhere else in the access rights which I didn't find yet. Or it is in general not possible to do it that way.

Have you ever tried to hide that tab via security profiles yet?

Thanks a lot,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I did some tests in the system, and you basically have 3 options.

Option 1: Hide User Defined via Toolbar Customization

Login as system user and go to to Toolbard Customization. There should be all the different toolbars which can be viewed on top of your homescreen. You should hide the toolbar with the following Target Toolbar ID: odp.system.toolbar.navigation.buyside.odpBlueNavGroup_odp.userdefined.

Bear in mind that this will be hiding everything accross the board.

Option 2: Security Profiles

I logged in with a Security profiles which had all User Defined Objects as not set and it didn't show any on my toolbar. This option would be also doable but the problem here is that you have to check it on all security profiles e.g. if a user has multiple security profiles (Project Manager, Application User) and only one of these users has UDOs enabled, this will always be visible because Allow always "trumps" Deny/Not Set.

Option 3: System properties

This is the option I mentioned above i.e. turning off the system properties as a system user.

Hope this answers your question (if so, please don't forget to close this question).

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks a lot for this.

I tested option 1 in the system as well and it worked fine. For reasons I don't understand the toolbar ID you provided in your post was not listed when exporting the sourcing system toolbars.

Anyway, I tested your suggestion and it worked.

With option 2 I didn't have any luck. I created a user having only "Application User" profile rights:

In this profile I made sure that all User Defined settings are set to "Not Set"  (and even tested with "Deny"):

However, when logging in with the test user the tab still shows up:

For now I think we can go with option 1 but it would be good to find out why option 2 is not working properly in our system.

Thank you very much for your valuable help on this. If you have any additional idea what we could check on our side to get option 2 up an running for us as well it would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Florian

Answers (0)