Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Org from HR to SRM

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are in SRM 7.01 with ECC 6.05 in classic scenario. I have questions regarding the transfer of Org from HR to SRM:

1. HR structure is not necessarily have user id assigned to position, while in SRM, as we need to create transaction, we will need to have used id there. In this case, is it wise for us to transport the Object Type S (Position) from HR to SRM? I have tried this, and then realize I cannot assign user id in SRM to this position newly created from HR (as tcode USERS_GEN will generate BOTH the position and Central Person directly). As per documentation that I got we need to transfer Person as well from HR to SRM, which in my case, we dont have this person/user id assigned in HR in the first place.

2. HR might have plan version 01, 02, 03, and so on. As per my colleague tell me, plan version 01 is the active version. If we do transfer the HR org to SRM and we activate the change pointer, and then in HR, plan version 02 is switch to 01 (meaning the planned structure in 02 is now activated), will the program RHALEIN recognize the difference between this and update accordingly?

Appreciate if someone can share their experience on this.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John

It is recommended to replicate the data from HR with Org units, position, jobs and users. However, as you said, for the replicated positions without user ids from ECC we can upload users with custom logic in SRM. But if we have HR replication active, the delta run may cause inconsistency with the BP's in SRM if any users assigned to the positions in ECC. So ideally you do a initial replication from ECC ie. Employee code in ECC refers to BP in SRM to be sync.

I am not sure about the second part, as far i know only active plan version will be replicated. Please try to change the inactive plan version to active, replicate and let me know.

or Copy all the inactive plan versions to active plan versions and do a initial replication.

With Best Regards

Santhosh.