Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open document using link (URL) by scripting

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following requirement: through a toolbar script, it should be possible navigate to another document.

To do that, inside this script, I'm able to create corresponding URL. However, I'm not able to launch corresponding code in order to jump to this document through the URL generated

Could anybody help me on this request?

Thanks in advance for the support!

Best regards,

Isaac

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

As far as we know, there is no way to refresh a document automatically when (for example) it has been approved by the current approver. I.e.: when current approver receive the approval task, he goes inside this task and approve the document. Once it has been approved, the document is still locked and phase has not been updated. If current approver wants to modify this document after his approval or to see correct phase, it is needed to go out of the document and selet it again to open it in EDIT mode and with all the data refreshed.

Due to it seems there is no way to execute a refresh to avoid these actions, we have though to create a script toolbar button to open again the same document. In that way, we would be allowing current approver to refresh data without going out of the document.

We have recreated previous behaviour creating an extension field type URL and filling this field by scripting with the current document link and it workds. So now, we are trying to do it by the script toolbar button.

Therefore, do you know by any chance if it is possible to execute this logic?

Thanks and regards,

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

Most documents have a 'Refresh' option under 'Document' button. Will that work for you?

Thanks

Devesh

isaac_ariza_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

No, it is not available:

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

I don’t believe it’s possible to write a script to navigate to a page within the application. If you could explain your requirement, the forum may be able to provide you with some potential workarounds.

Regards,

Vikram