Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem with deleting Web UI message

hi All,

i have two fields(let say Field1 & Field2) in view BT111H_OPPT/Details, context node - BTOPPORTH, based on field1(field1 is drop down contains value A & B) i have to make field2 mandatory at run time. if field1 is 'A' then field2 should be mandatory and if 'B' then non-mandatory.

i have done that by implementing GET_p method and it is working fine. now problem is that when first i select 'A'  in field1 then Field2 is mandatory and message is showing in Web UI and after that if i choose 'B' in field1 then it makes the field2 non-mandatory but the error message remains same in UI.

can anyone please suggest me how can i delete that error message in case of non-mandatory..?

i used below codes in GET_P but it is not deleting the message...even i deleted that field from DO_VALIDATE_INPUT but still showing error message in UI.

DATA: lr_core                TYPE REF TO cl_crm_bol_core,

lr_mess_cont_manager   TYPE REF TO cl_crm_genil_mess_cont_manager,

lr_global_message_cont TYPE REF TO cl_crm_genil_global_mess_cont.

lr_core = cl_crm_bol_core=>get_instance( ).

CHECK lr_core IS BOUND.

lr_mess_cont_manager   = lr_core->get_message_cont_manager( ).

lr_global_message_cont = lr_mess_cont_manager->get_global_message_cont( ).

lr_global_message_cont->reset( ).

CALL METHOD lr_global_message_cont->IF_GENIL_MESSAGE_CONTAINER~DELETE_MESSAGES

EXPORTING

IV_OBJECT_NAME = 'BTOPPORTH'

**               IV_OBJECT_ID   = sy-msgid

IV_MSG_ID      = 'BSP_WD'

IV_MSG_NUMBER  = '022'.

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Saurabh,

The mandatory messages are raised using a global message class in do_finish_input method of that particular view.

Redefine do_finish_input and call super then get the value of field 1 and place your logic and then delete message from returning parameter GLOBAL_MESSAGES->delete_message(..)

Regards,

Nithish

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question