cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to T Code J1I5 & J2I5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have some question related to Country India Version (CIN). Please provide me suitable solution.

1) In which scenario we can use transaction J1I5 to update part 1 register for RG23A, RG23C and RG1?

2) Can we use J1I5 for part I in external procurement? If yes then how can we post part II using J2I5, Because system not extracting part II for external      procurement if part I updated through J1I5

3) If we post goods receipt with no excise indicator, Can we use J1IEX for capture and post with reference to material document?

4) In transaction J1I5 we maintain classification. Which movement type linked with different classification?

5) Is there any configuration for the classification and movement type?

6) If we issue excisable material against production order with only part I indicator, what entries will created for excise? And how to post part II in j2I5 ?

Thanks in advance,

Ashish Panchal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

1) J1I5 is used to update RG23A/C 'Part 1' in following scenarios,

a) If part 1 entry not captured during GR

b) In case of vendor return, during return delivery, if 'No excise entry' option is selected

c) Excisable material write-off, not used for prod, tabs in J1IH.

d) Excisable material issued to cost center.

J1I5 is used to update RG1 register for receipts (Production) and sale (Issue).

2) What is scenario ? Explain with a example.

3) Yes, you can capture excise invoice through J1IEX. Before posting part 2, you have to update part 1 through J1I5 otherwise you will get an error message as 'Part 1 doesn't exist for the excise invoice'.

4) Go through the below links,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/1e/f4a1a011d811d4b5af006094b9ec21/frameset.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/EXCISE+REGISTERS+UPDATION,+EXTRACTION+AND+PRINTING.

5) No.

6) Update part 1 through J1I5 and part 2 is not required. Part 2 is posted in J1IEX for a goods receipt.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish, Pls find below answers to your queries.

1) In which scenario we can use transaction J1I5 to update part 1 register for RG23A, RG23C and RG1?

When ever you procure exicable material, registers need to be updated upon capture and posting. Usually after J1IEX and MIGO (capture and Post), registers need to be updated. The logic is simple, MIGO and J1IEX will push the entries onto the door (i.e. excise registers). We need to push them into house. Updating and prints does this purpose. This is aplicable for any exicable goods receipt/Issue/return movents for a material for a plant.

2) Can we use J1I5 for part I in external procurement? If yes then how can we post part II using J2I5, Because system not extracting part II for external      procurement if part I updated through J1I5

J1I5 is used to update RG1 register for receipts (Production) and sale (Issue).

3) If we post goods receipt with no excise indicator, Can we use J1IEX for capture and post with reference to material document?

Yes, the cycle would be J1I5, J1iex capture, J1IEX Post excise invoice.

4) In transaction J1I5 we maintain classification. Which movement type linked with different classification?

There are various movement types associated with various excisable movements configured in CIN.

5) Is there any configuration for the classification and movement type?

Q not clear

6) If we issue excisable material against production order with only part I indicator, what entries will created for excise? And how to post part II in j2I5 ?

We need to update part 1 manually. As this is within Plant, part two wont be updated. Just quantity need to be updated in part 1 for this.