cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a Portfolio Structure in SAP PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We do create Portfolio structure in PPM. It includes, Portfolio Header, Buckets(Different Levels) & Items etc. Now, I have a question. I have created a Bucket structure in a Portfolio. And I want to include one more Bucket with the similar structure. So I tried , if I can copy the existing Bucket structure only, so that I can avoid the pain of creating it once more. But I dint find any such option.

Anybody can help me with this regard? How can I reduce such unnecessary efforts?!?

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

There is no copy functionality for portfolios.

You can use the transaction RPM_DX_BUCKET to create the bucket structure in bulk. It can reduce your efforts.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thanks for the reply. And the t-code was helpful. But I found some difficulty in executing that t-code. Means, I dint understand how to use that one. Would you please elaborate little more on that regard?

That would be helpful Amit.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please refer to the below link for the details how to use RPM_DX_BUCKET.

http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-RPM_DX_BUCKET

Please share if you are getting specific error.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Amit....

Rgrds,

SantU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

Do you know if it is possible to create a bucket structure when using RPM_DX_BUCKET or is it only possible to upload a list of buckets

Regards,

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, SPRO gives you the all the RPM_DX programs as well.  Same as using the T-Codes.

PPM  >  PFM  >  Utilities  > Import from Microsoft Excel to ????

When you execute the programs, the "Display DX Layout" button will give you the templates for upload, based on the structures of the tables set in the ABAP Workbench  (which includes all custom fields)... but with one caveat:

In the case of the Bucket Import program, you can't derive a structure by plugging in a "Parent" value since it's a GUID.  I realize that's not what you probably want to hear, but if you did want to fix it, you'd have to either go back in after the fact and edit/maintain the data in table /RPM/BUCKET_D to include the Parent GUID, which of course will derive the structure.  So... it's another one of those PPM "Can't have your cake and eat it too" scenarios.

GUIDs.  Can't live with em, can't live without em.

It's a little odd, though, since the DX structure for CPRO import does allow you to specify project structures through the "Parent" field in the Structure tab of the DX Layout for the program DPR_DX_PROJECT:

PPM  >  PRO  >  Global Enhancements to Project Elements  > Import from Microsoft Excel to Projects

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence.

Thank you for the reply.

I guess there's no other way around then. Thanks for the suggestion of maintaining directly in the table.

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're most welcome Morten!

I'm leaning toward "keep it simple" in this case if possible:  Can the bucket structures not be created manually, per client?  I realize it's manually intensive and repetitive, but I tend to wonder if it's worth custom development (table maintenance) to create what might only a handful of buckets in a tree.

But of course, you would know your requirements much better than I.  Nonetheless, good luck with your investigation!

- Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have a related question.

In my project we have created a few financial views for various types of Budget as per business requirement.

I want to know how to uplaod Financial values in the newly configured Financial views.

I came across few BAPIs but not sure how to modify their uplaod excel template to accomodate the finacial views that we have configured.

Help on this is much appreciated

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Take a look at this document that Andrea Langlotz posted, on the APIs for Fin/Cap Plan integration (sync) with Excel.

Described therein are APIs for both Import and Export that you can use to implement a solution for business clients who would like to work in Excel.  This might come in very handy as an alternative de-facto integration point for budget and cost planning if you already also use BPC

Also, in case you aren't aware, there's a Customer Connect enhancement note that now allows you to export (only) the Fin/Cap Plan applications for Portfolio objects with Excel  (ver 5.0, SP09):

SAP Note 1759188 - Enhancing the financial and capacity planning UIs

I hope this helps.

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I HAVE SIMILAR ISSUE IN MY PROJECT. Where I need to have FINANCIAL PLANNING in two SEPARATE places in the Business process.

1, I have unclassified Cost estimation (Which is premature info) i NEED TO HAVE FINANCIAL PLANNING HERE

2, Accurate Cost estimation (2ND FINANCIAL PLANNING HERE)

I am sure there will be a way!  Guys Need Help (911)

Regards

Yousuf Khan

Answers (0)