cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher not starting in IDES Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are having IDES ECC 6.0 System with ABAP stack.

We are running above Server with Solaris 5.10 Operating System and Database as Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 with RAM space of 8 G.B.

Now we are unable to connect to above Server as Dispatcher is not starting up but "startsap" command working fine.

When i run command with devadm user then i get below error:

dpmon pf=/usr/sap/DEV/SYS/profile/DEV_DVEBMGS00_gentw

DpMonInit failed - possibly no dispatcher running

DpMon: External/Internal dplib version: 109/229

We are having two operating System Users like: DEVADM and ORADEV.(SID Name is DEV and Instance Number:00)

We are having only one Instance as 00.

I have cleaned the semaphores and Shared Memories corresponding to DEVADM,ORADEV and Root User before restarting the Server using below command.

ipcrm -s ... and ipcrm -m ....  .

I cheked different SDN links for this issue and tried some tricks mentioned there but didn't work.

Please suggest on the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check dev_disp and dev_w0 for errors and post them here.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Sorry for late reply as my system reply function was not working properly; hence i was unable to reply to any of the suggestions.

Anyway the issue got resolved by adding a parameter "rdisp/ignore_gw_death = 1" to instance profile and restart the Server.

Thank You Very much for your reply.

Regards

Sujit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having IDES ECC 6.0 System with ABAP stack.

We are running above Server with Solaris 5.10 Operating System and Database as Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 with RAM space of 8 G.B.

Now we are unable to connect to above Server as Dispatcher is not starting up but "startsap" command working fine.

I take it, that the system was running well before? if yes, then what have you done before causing ths sytem cannot be started normally? Maybe you modified profile? If yes, Then try this,

backup entire /sapmnt/<SID>/profile to  /sapmnt/<SID>/profile_bak.

try find previous <SID>_xxx_hostname (usually ended with .1 or .2) then:

mv <SID>_xxx_hostname <SID>_xxx_hostname_bak

mv <SID>_xxx_hostname.1 <SID>_xxx_hostname

then try start the server again. if it is running then reapply your modification again via rz10

dont forget to check storage capacity though ( /usr/sap/<SID> & /sapmnt/<SID> to begin with)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check log files inside /usr/sap/DEV/DVEBMGS00/work.

Regards,

Yohanes

0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Please check if the kernel version in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/uc/<platform>

and the /usr/sap/<SID>/DEV/DVEBMGS00/exe/ are same. You can check this by reading the sapmanifest.mf file.

The sapcpe program is ran during the start of the instance and it copies the kernel files from /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/uc/<platform> to the local instance directory /usr/sap/<SID>/DEV/DVEBMGS00/exe/, if there is a mismatch between the kernel version in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/uc/<platform> and /usr/sap/<SID>/DEV/DVEBMGS00/exe/, the system would not start.

Thanks and regrads,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

tthe cause of the error is that the patch level of dispatcher and gateway are not matched.. This must probably shows that the kernel exchange was completely not executed. Please check out below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4f/37782d21fc11d288cd0000e8

3539c3/Frameset.htm

Please check the file versions of dispatcher and gateway, and also check

the files of the latest kernel upgrade

Regards,

Vipin