cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Number generation for MA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing an issue in number generation of MAs.

Issue is when you discard (not save) a MA and save another MA after that then the number generated for the saved MA is +2 then the last saved MA.

Like:-

MA-001-2012     -> Saved

MA-002-2012     -> Discarded (No. is not genearted in the UI) A new MA is created and discarded after MA-001-2012.

MA-003-2012     -> Saved. The number for this MA is +2 then the last saved MA (MA-001-2012), which should not happend.

It should take the number as MA-002-2012

Please provide your expert comments.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Under certain conditions this would happen and is expected behavior.  The numbers generated by the numbering table will be sequential, but there is no guarantee. When you are creating a new MA, if you didn’t populate the required fields but try to save the MA, the current number assigned to that MA is taken even though the MA may be later discarded.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram ,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

I want to know that same issue would be there for the higher versions of CLM.

I think this is a issue with the product.Can we overcome this problem with any kind of customization??

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

I think that the dscribed behaviour is correct. I know for sure that other applications like SAP ERP or SAP SRM pull a number immediatly independent if the document will be saved or not.

I just tested this in a Wave 9 system and first duplicated a master agreement and saved it (document number was MA-137). Than I duplicated it another time, but did not save it and simply pressed cancel. Than I created a new Ma from scratch and saved it which got the number MA-138.

I am not sure what exactly you mean with discarded the MA - did you save it once? Than that number is taken even if you would Cancel or Delete the document.

best regards

Markus

Answers (0)