cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consignment return vs normal return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it ok to disregard the consignment return process if there is a return?

Instead of consignment return, we are planning to just perform the normal return process and then perform credit memo. Is there a disadvantage if we go on this process?

I need your opinion people. Thank you.

consignment return (2 processes)

step 1 - return to the customer stock

step 2 - return to the company stock

normal return (1 process)

step 1 - directly return to company

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after the consignment return (return because of damage), should consignment pick-up follow?

I am confused if I should perform consignment pickup after a consignment return if the cause of the return is damage.

If I will do pickup that will  mean I am putting the DAMAGED product to the unrestricted area.

Former Member
Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after the consignment return (return because of damage), should consignment pick-up follow?

To my knowledge, yes as the return will move the products to company's owership with special stock indicator. To remove the special stock indicator, pick-up has to be used.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Shiva.  Once you do consignment return with movement type 634, the corresponding inventory will be increased in the delivering plant.  On the other hand, if you consignment pick-up with movement type 632, there wont be any inventory impact but as you said, the special stock indicator would be removed.  Nevertheless, if somebody test this and confirm here, I will be happy

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

that will mean a DAMAGE PRODUCT will be on the unrestricted area. is that correct?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this will put in unrestricted area. If you want to distinguish that as returns, then per OSS Note 1299473 - Consignment pick-up not marked as returns , copy the consignment pick-up order type KA and create a z-document type with document category as H-Returns. Then pick the goods using this Z-document type and complete the sales process. Check the results on how the stock is being posted in the system. Note that when you create a new document type, you need complete configuration for  item category determination, copy controls from sales document type to delivery document etc.

Regards,

@Lakshmipathi: Thanks for the clarification. I think in my previous message I did not make it clear. I tried to answer to Anwar's particular question only as others (stock updating and special stock indicator) answered by you all. I think instead of consignment return, I just added return and that might have caused this confusion. I apologize for any confusion caused to anyone. I just did a quick testing and posted based on the results.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Consignment Returns will also increase your plant stock. Only difference will be the stock sillbe shown as special stock lying at Consignee.

But what is the business requirement to directly take back the Consignment Returns? Also this will effect the Consignee Sales Reports that you might take in future.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

consignment return (2 processes)

step 1 - return to the customer stock

step 2 - return to the company stock

For information, even in consignment return, stock would be increased in the delivering plant and not at the warehouse.  Test this scenario and update here.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

after the consignment return, should consignment pick-up follow?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

should consignment pick-up follow?

No not necessary as both are different process.  Consignment pick-up is the delivering plant is taking the goods back to their premises from another location; whereas, consignment return is goods would be returned directly to delivering plant though the goods originally have been delivered from the warehouse.

G. Lakshmipathi

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

normal return is direct post the stock for company level

but in consignment level customer return it means end customer can send the return the vendor like middle person ,  so particular stock post the vendor location only, then that particular stock  finally can pick the company this is called consignment  process

consignment process is different , movement types also different , totally different for domestic sale  ,

you can not  do the consignment return = Normal return