cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

08 inspection only for specific movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to trigger inspection lots when materials are transferred from one s.loc (S001) to another (S002).

To achieve this I have activated 08 inspection type in the material master. However, this will trigger inspection lots in case of some other movement types as well (for example 301 movement). How do I restrict 08 inspection only to ‘s.loc to s.loc’ transfer? What are the movement types affected by 08 inspection that I need to deactivate QM for?

Secondly, within s.loc to s.loc transfer, I need to trigger inspection only during transfer posting between the two s.locs mentioned above.

To achieve this I have created Z11 movement type (copy of 311) and activated QM for this movement (deactivated it for 311). Whenever users make a transfer posting between these two s.locs (S001 to S002), they will only use Z11 movement, while in all other ‘s.loc to s.loc’ transfers they use 311. Would this be the right approach?

Can the requirement for triggering inspection lot for a specific ‘s.loc (S001) to s.loc (S002)’ transfer be met without having to use any exits?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever you have done is correct approch.

Stll if you wish to use storage location as decisive object for creation of inspection lot then use exit

QAAT0001 where you can check MSEG-LGORT and dependent on the value set the flag E_NO_INSPECTION which will avoid that an inspection lot is created.

refer thread for more information

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1830904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit and Shailendra.

The first part of my question remains unanswered. For which other movement types do I need to de-activate inspection lot creation, apart from 311? I want an inspection lot only for Z11 but not for 311, 301, 309 etc. What are movement types impacted by 08 inspection type (other than 311, 301, 309 etc)?

Thanks

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't be told precisely! But you can explore all such movement types through which transfer posting is carried out in MB1B. Press F4 at movement type field. You will get all such relevant movements. I think you should consult your MM person for better and your organization related applicable movements.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto OMJJ and in input enter the inspection type and find out the relevant mvt type.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many T codes and mvt type combination for which 08 inspection type can exists for example,

101 ,123 ,301,302,309,310,311,312,322,349,411412,413,415,416 etc etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Any suggestions on how to trigger 08 inspection only for Z11 mvmt and prevent inspection lots for other movements?

Will I have to make use of the exit QAAT0001 and put in some logic there?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

To summerize ,Your query can be solved in both ways,

Either de-activate QM for rest of the mvt type ( in list given ) in OMJJ apart from Z11

or

Use exit QAAT0001 with proper logic of mvt type hardcoded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct !

It totally depends upon your requirement but keep other thing in mind that deactivation from stdn Mvt type may not affect your other defined processes.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your inputs guys. Highly appreciated...

Am closing this thread.

Rgds

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. I know you already closed this question.

But I'd like to fix wrong answer for further people.

The customer exit "QAAT0001" cannot get the movement type information.

Therefore if you want to control "insp. lot generation based on movement type", only way is deactivation in OMJJ.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U r adopting correct apporach, for any std mvt type if u want to change any thing relevant to ur process then copy of that mvt type and changes in copy object is suggestive and recommended by SAP itself, for ur first querry 08 is for plant to plant /  strg location to strg location etc.

and the process of triggering lot is possible without using the exists. the process u adopt is correct i.e. Z11.

Regards