cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rem ord Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

If my understanding is right Rem Pln Ord Value is the cost which is not been converted into Commitment or Actuals yet and since it is a part of the plan value it adds up to the Assigned value. Further, the breakdown of these value can been seen in Budget reports with respected to the network numbers under respective assigned WBS element.

However, I am seen a cumulative Rem Pln Order value at the WBS element level in S_ALR reports but when you further drill down it does not appear at network level. What can be the reasons for this...?

Regards,
MS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

You are right, this value is only calculated at WBS level and not at orden/network level :

See SAP explanation:

The residual order plan is a key figure that refers exclusively to WBS elements and is always of the value type 25, whereby the value of a particular WBS element is calculated using the hierarchically subordinate orders.

For all orders of a WBS element, a figure is calculated for each order according to

max(0, apportioned plan - actual costs - commitment, 0).

The total of all these figures is rolled up to the WBS element and is the residual order plan.

You can read more about this in SAP note 922177.

Cheers,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Further, I did notice there are few PM orders which are tagged to these projects. Rem Ord Pln Values does get triggers through these Plant Maintenance Orders.

I am aware recording of plan values as Rem Ord Pln values can be eliminated through checking the “Planning” indicator in Network Type configurations. However, want to know if there is a way to apply the same control to Plant Maintenance orders?

Regards,

MS

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I have no idea how to 'not calculate' residual order plan. But this is used only for hierarchy reporting. Why don't you hide/delete this column?

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

If I am not mistaken Rem Ord Pln does control your budget availability check. I want to avoid that control, but not through Budget Tolerance limits.

Regards,

MS

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

No, if I am not wrong rem order plan doesn't take in account for budget availability control. If you have an example you can check your budget spent in CJ31 --> project XXXXX--> extras --> availability control --> analysis.

Availability control uses costs entered in COSP/COSS tables and Rem order Plan is only stored in RPSCO table ( reporting table).

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark you are right ROP values will add up to the Assigned value and it will also be affecting the availibility control (budget check).

If you want to deactivate the plan values arising from PM orders I think you need to check the settings in OPSV for maintenance orders (PM orders) category 30.

Hey and let me know if that works.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

If you deactivate Category 30 in OPSV. It will only remove the Rem Ord Pln value in PM orders which are in "Created" status.

Further, have another concern on Rem Ord Pln. I am trying to extract the value from RPSCO table refering the value type 25 (Remainder from Apportioned Orders/Networks (Order Commitmts)), but it has no records under value type 25. However, when I deduct the value of Actual and Commitments (value type 4, 21, 22) from the Plan value (value type 1) it equals to the Rem Ord Pln value which appears in the Report.

Mark.

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark

have you run The report ZREMORDPLAN from note  922177.

If you don't want to  see values

you can  block the update to table RPSCO.

by creating an assignment line to a value category

and activate the 'suppress' indicator on the assignment detail

Transaction OPI2 the Suppress indicater can be set on the Cost Element

Ger

Answers (0)