cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element exclusion on Budget Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am a fresher to PS exploring the solution. Came across a functionality on excempt the budget check based on Cost element. Want to know whether these values will be hidden in standard Budget reports like S_ALR reports or will it be reside inside the Commitment / Actual values.

If its reflecting in actual values, is there is a way to exclude from reports as well?

Regards,

MS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure about your requirement(didnt understand your post properly). But I'll try to give some points based on my understanding.

In PS standard reports. For Budget they wont use the Cost elements. The cost-elements come to picture only for Planned & Actual costs. Basically the Cost elements are used for Holding the costs. Its nothing but your G/L account in FI.

If you still want to make some changes to the standard S_ALR reports, you can use the CJE2 t-code.

@Experts,

Somebody can correct me, if I'm wrong..

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Excempt of Cost Elements can be done through T-Code OPTK. What will happen is that postings which are made refering these cost elements omits the budget check. However, does appear as an actual cost in S_ALR_87013558 report.

What I want to know whether is there is away to remove / hide these value from S_ALR_87013558 report.

Regards,

MS

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For excluding cost element from the budget availability control : OPTK

If you also need to exclude them for reporting ( example : S_ALR_87013558). You need to create a value caegorie and assign this value category to your cost elements  excluded (OPI1 and OPI2 ).

Example:  create value category  TTTTTT- 'cost elements excluded from the availability control'. and assign all your cost element excluded here.

When a new cost is entered in one of these cost elements it will be filled in the table with value category TTTTTTT.

When you execute report S_ALR_87013558 you can select your value category ( in your case should be = blank) then all cost ( actual & commitment) with value category TTTTTT will be filtered.

regards,

Sara

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I am thinking after performing changes in OPTK, is it must to perform the CJEN and CJBN run?

Regards,

MS

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CJBN, yes

CJEN if you change the value categories and need to fix values already saved.

Regards,

Sara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards,

MS