cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Actual posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we do manual actual posting to wbs like actual dates, actual cost and actual revenue. IF it is possible, is this the right way? please help me out.

regards,

abhinay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

It is preferred to use these as last option for posting.

You can also see TCode description is Manual re posting .....etc. So prefer Automatic one.

It is better to capture cost at origin rather than transferring them in last.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as i mentioned above, for actual cost of consultants i thought of doing activity planning but the requirement is only upto wbs level. As the project has diff consultants with differnet salary how can i get cost of each consultant . should i use payroll process for actual cost posting on wbs or FB50 ? wt is the exact diff between them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

please help  me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Use of manual posting is beneficial here as rates are not different. But deciding factor is Number of entries to be made.

Now coming to comparison of Cost & Revenue you can easily achieve this by

S_ALR_87013577 - Costs/Revenues/Expenditures/Receipts as you have used cj40 & cj42.

Regards,

Pranav Trivid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trivedi,

rates Means? number of entries means number of consultants?

regards,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Read rates are not different as rates are not different.

Entry can be summarized in one with different line item. If you can summarize all  in month end then this will be one else not.

In this scenario you can use KB11n.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pranav,

i am not able to understand could you please elabrote it.

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. For all cost expense make an entry by kb11n in month end.

2. Do above for revenue expense also.

3. Use S_alr... report for comparison of actual cost vs actual revenue on monthly basis.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pranav,

It is nothing but entering revenue and cost manually. If so can we do this without planning cost and revenue wt is the use of planning those one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Hi pranav,

It is nothing but entering revenue and cost manually. If so can we do this without planning cost and revenue wt is the use of planning those one?"

As a Consultant, you should have asked these questions to yourself. When you get a business requirement see if it is really viable to entirely use a particular module to satisfy the requirement.

I would like to ask a very simple question. Are you aware of the exact business requirements? If you are, do you think you should have used the PS module to satisfy it?

From this post as well as all your other posts i feel you are relatively new to the PS module and hence i would suggest you to go through proper training and understand more about the PS module.

Most of your posts would have been locked by now, had the moderators been active as they were before.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

Please see the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/message/13501629

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1776438

http://scn.sap.com/message/13493519

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1074742

hope it helps.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gokul & Ankur

thanks for you reply. could you just  guide me the following process

for actual cost posting on wbs if i use Fb50 transaction based on manual planned value. do this have FI document. At period end closing should this cost be settled to any cost center?

for actual revenue posting should i use FB70 ? if so under customer if i want my customer with sepecified revenue . Is there any possiblity of creating new customer with our specified revenue amount? Is this a right way?

for actual dates posting on wbs could you also guide me.

regards,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean from Actual dates posting?

If it is regarding updating actual dates of WBS then Use cj20n for same.

FI Document is created after FB50 and it will settled to cost centre if your project is cost project and cost centre is specified in project.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI trivedi,

my project is to have report at the end of each month for revenue of project and cost of consultants for that project. It is all about a company giving support for a client revenue is billled from client by company based on cost of consultants per month.

for this i planned cost cj40  and planned revenue cj42.

i am not able to do actal dates posting to wbs in cj20n(proj builder). could you help me out on this and the above process. as i need to get actual cost of consultants and actula revenue base don this cost from client.

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

i am not able to do actal dates posting to wbs in cj20n(proj builder).

Specify error details

Actual dates are maintained at WBS level. Are you considering a consultant against a WBS element.

Again as I understood you want to monitor cost Vs Expense on monthly basis.

Please try a sample scenario as per below mentioned-

1. Do CJ40 & CJ42

2. Use manual reposting for cost & expense on monthly basis.

3. Use S_ALR_87013577 or other available report for comparing Cost & Revenue and use period/Year navigation mode.

Regards,

Pranav Trivid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Yes you can do all of the postings you mentioned above.

There is nothing right or wrong in doing such postings. It all depends on the business requirement.

Regards,

Gokul