cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNI scenario - Inventory update in SNI by supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are having a scenario where in the inventory is updated by supplier is to displayed to the respetive customer site, also involves materials which are not maintained in customer back end ECC system.

I suppose we can achive this by SNI and we have maintained the visiblity profiles as follows.

Application ID: INVOVW  and SNI

BP organisation: Customer location

Profile name: Inventory

User/ Partner Own date checked.

Location;  Customer location

Products: Which are supplier location

Shipfromlocation: Supplier location

Supplier: Supplier BP

But currently by customer view we are able to see all the materials. So request to please let us know if we have missed out any setting and secondly is there a way in SNC where by the supplier can directly upload inventory without development?

thanks,

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

Check if my points in the below discussion is useful for your requirement:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Trying-out-SNI-2195922.S.144515001?qid=b6c1665a-1204-4d12-b6d1-ced23f...

Regards,

Bharath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi/SNC Experts

How did you managed the scenario in SNI where suppliers upload the stock of materials which are not maintained in customer back end ECC system.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

You can create material codes manually in SNC environment instead of taking them automatically from ECC.

Kindly refer to below help link:

Creation of Master Data for SAP SNC Manually - Master Data - SAP Library

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selim

Our scenario is like this:

Customer placing subcontracting order for material XYZ against contract manufacturer (CM). Then customer is supplying the some of the components required to manufacture XYZ material. CM is also procuring some of the components from his suppliers which goes into assembly of XYZ material along with customer supplied components.

Now parts which CM is procuring from his suppliers are not maintained in customer SAP system but since those are critical parts and customer wants to have visibility of stock for these parts on SNI monitor.

So how CM will upload the stock of these parts on SNI monitor if material code is not available in customer SAP system? Also option you suggested of manual creation of product master in SNC wont be available for suppliers.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

I got the case...

Your supplier has some parts which are produced to keep the production in line. Honestly, i did not implement such a scenario before but SAP provides some guidance for the relevant case.

Somehow, you should create the master data in SNC. Even it does not exists for the customer back-end system you can use the supplier's ERP system to do it.

I have taken below reference for this guidance:

Product Details in the SNI Monitor - Supply Network Inventory - SAP Library

In this help area, you can focus on the below sub-topic: Products that belong to the supplier

You can refer to the table given in this link help link to create the integration. After that you should set-up manual or automatic integration with SNC SNI screen.

In addition to that, you need to ensure that Business Function is activated: SCM_SNC_GEN_1 i

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya

Did you get your scenario working? Can you throw some points on set up required?

Thanks

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

You also need to have below application ID's:

SNIAT

SNIH

SNIIH

SNILOCPRODPRSET

SNILOCPRODSET

SNIMNO

SNISSH

SNITLDASSN

About Supplier data update: It is not possible to meet to your requirement without development.

You can have Supplier data via PI to SNC(There should be custom mapping for ProductActivityNotification in PI)

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil/ Bharath,

Thanks for inputs.Maintained the settings as suggested but still we are not able to view the data send across for the sub-contracting stock by program RCMPROACT2 in SNI.

We are able to see the stock at plant but stock transferred to vendor as againt subcontracting PO ( in MMBE it is stock provided to vendor) is not visible through the supplier user login.

Can you please give some pointer in this regard.

thanks,

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you transfer subcon stock at vendor make sure:

The location product at vendor location is created (so not what you have CIFFed from ERP as this is the loaction product at YOUR location. At least in pure standard you have to create that location product on your own manually + Do not forget to assign the location product to the active model).

2. Update your visibility profile accordingly

3. Upload by supplier => You can use the same XML messages to upload supplier data, no addtional dev is required (if you already use the BIF Badi), but the tags have to be filled correctly.

The assigned partner field on the database is the critical one.

Other option if you use SNC701=> a CSV file exists for upload via the upload centre.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian thanks for the reply but request if you can please correct my understanding and let me know if I have missed out on the first 2 points.

1) As per my understanding the location for the supplier was created when vendor was CIFFed from ECC to SNC. So when I login as supplier user in the SNI monitor, stock with customer is getting displayed i.e. plant but the supplier location to which the subcontracting stock should ideally show up againt the same location CIFed to SNC does not show up in the screen nor in the F4 to select the supplier location to display the subcontracting stock.

2) 2 Visibility profiles created one with customer location (plant)-product combination and another one with the supplier location-product combination. Both profiles assigned to supplier BP. So in my opinion it show up stocks at both locations in SNI. Stock at customer and subcontracting stock at vendor location.

thanks,

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) No actually what was ciffed (at least in standard SNC or SCM) is the customer location product, e.g. product ABC in plant 123. The supplier in ERP is called SUP123. Now you need the location product => product ABC in location SUP123 in SNC to display the subcontracting stock at vendor.  So go to /SAPAPO/MAT1 copy e.g. the general part of product ABC into location product ABC in SUP123. Assign the new location product to the active model/planning version.  2) The visibility profile is fine (for the inventory monitor use INVOVW as written above by someone else).  Now you should be able to see the supplier location product also in the F4 help and the values  BR  Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The material sub-contracting stock is now visible at vendor location but the strange thing is we are only able to view one material out of three which the supplier maintains.

thanks,

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for all the help. The issue was resolved by assigning a model and now we are able to see all the materials. Secondly the team has decided to upgrade to SNC 7.01 and use the SNI upload functionality.

thanks,

A.