Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Object Mobile for Android Phone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP Business Object Mobile for Android Phone,

Top Executives in my company want to access WebI  reports, Xcelsius dashboard through their Mobile Phone ( Android based).

The following link gives me the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sap.mobi&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMS...

After downloading this app, how to proceed? I am having all my Xcelsius Dashboard and WebI report in Infoview.

Kindly help me in this regards.

Thanks & Regard's

Nikhil

Programmer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Dashboard Design documents cannot be viewed in the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile for Android App. It can only display the webi documents.

Please follow the steps given below to configure the app to configure it for webi documents.

1. In the Home screen, tap Settings and select Add Connection.

The Add connection window appears.

2. Choose one of the following options to create a server connection.

Create New Connection - to create a connection based on your requirements.

3. Choose Create New Connection, perform the following substeps:

4. The Create New Connection window appears.

5. In the Connection Name field, enter a name for the connection.

You can use alphanumeric, hyphens ('-'), underscores ('_'), dots ('.'), circular brackets ('(', ')'), and spaces (' '); the maximum number of characters allowed is 20.

6. In the Mobile Server URL field, enter the details of the mobile server in the specified format

<hostname>:< port> or <IP>:< port>. (hostname would be the hostname for the server where tomcat is deployed)

7. In the CMS field, enter the CMS name.

8. In the User Name field, enter your Business Intelligence platform user name.

9. In the Password field, enter you Business Intelligence platform password.

10. In the Authentication Type field, choose one of the following appropriate authentication types:

• Enterprise

• LDAP

• Windows AD

• SAP R3

11. If you want to set this connection as the default connection, set the Default Connection option to Yes.

12. If you want to save the password and avoid having to re-enter it during subsequent logons, set

the Save Password option to Yes.

13. To save your settings, choose Save.

-

Mihir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

After downloading the app, you need to launch the application and create a connection to access your server documents.

Please provide the server URL and verify if you are able to create the connection successfully.

Then, you would be able to view the reports in your server.

Let me know for any queries.

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan