cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Upgrade

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA component from SAPKB70103 - SAPKB70108 and similarly for ABAP in our CRM 7 SR1 system

already gone through notes 822379 and taken care of prerequisites like spam/saint, kernel upgrade.

JAVA stack is separately installed.

we are not going for SPS upgrade, Will upgrading this 2 components alone and leaving other components as such cause any problems?

our BBPCRM component is at level 02 , do we need to apply any CRT after applying above patch?

we are not going to patch JAVA stack now, will it cause any issue?

Do we need to use SP_MANAGER or SPAM/SAINT to upgrade these patches?

regards,

viswa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Viswa

You can go ahead with the update of only SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA components using SPAM/SAINT. Upgrading only these 2 components will not create any problem. Since, it is a CRM system i think there would not be any CRT component.

Java stack is independent of ABAP stack. Updating ABAP components does not create any problem at JAVA front.

You need to use SPAM/SAINT for ABAP components update.

I hope this information will help you.

Cheers

Tapan

shashisingh
Participant
0 Kudos

ABAP Patches is independent of JAVA apatches.So upgrading only abap patches will not impact on othere.You can apply these patches. Use SPAM to upgrade these patches.

Thanks,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think update of these 2 component will not create any problem but it is recommended to update all the

components togather.

Java stackk will create any issue in this case.

You can use SPAM/SAINT to upgrade these patches

Regards,

Vipin

former_member185257
Participant
0 Kudos

After importing the components in EPS/in folder,Goto SPAM and below left side you will see four radio button,click new support packages and click button....There you can see the dependencies of each camponents...If dependencies are marked as right then there will not be any problem to import the components.

Regards,

Sunny