cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Package Upgrade

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA component from SAPKB70103 - SAPKB70108 and similarly for ABAP in our CRM 7 SR1 system

already gone through notes 822379 and taken care of prerequisites like spam/saint, kernel upgrade.

JAVA stack is separately installed.

we are not going for SPS upgrade, Will upgrading this 2 components alone and leaving other components as such cause any problems?

our BBPCRM component is at level 02 , do we need to apply any CRT after applying above patch?

we are not going to patch JAVA stack now, will it cause any issue?

Do we need to use SP_MANAGER or SPAM/SAINT to upgrade these patches?

regards,

viswa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaiprakash,

This is not really recommended as SP stack upgrade is the way to forward. Will it cause problems well I am not sure anyone who hasn't done this  before can answer this for sure. Ideally SAP Basis and SPA ABAP are the components on which there is chained dependence i.e other components depend on them.So while most things might work normally some may also abnormally behave. Anyways you are going to do this in non-production system so do lot of testing..

However I personally wouldn't recommend following this approach.

As for applying the SPs you have to use SAPM.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit / Surojit,

Thank for your reply i would go for whole stack upgrade.

regards,

vishwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayaprakash,

I would not recommend to go to upgrade only SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA from 701 SP3 to SP08. and its quite obvious that Java upgrade stack will be differ from ABAP stack.

Specifically for BBPCRM system its better to upgrade whole stack. I have done upgrade in l lot of BBPCRM system but thats too complete stack.

As Basis and ABA are core components(bulky packages) it may possible to large extent that system may go inconsistent after upgrading only those two components and thats too till SP08 keeping other packages on same level.

And for applying ABAP stack we need to use SPAM tool, and for Java stack JSPM will be used.

Anyway if you still want you can upgrade BASIS and ABA till SP08(as these will not ask for any dependency as these are most basic components in system) and check whether system is ok or not..if not you can go for rest of components in stack

Regards,

Surojit