cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update quantity in BOM with Variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to update the required quatity of a component of a BOM with either a procedure or action, the quantity is the result of a whole characteristics of a variant article.

In the procedure or action that is the statement:

$ SELF.Z_CONS = $ SELFT.Z_QTTY

where Z_QTTY, is the result of a multiplication of three characteristics.

and the Z_CONS characteristic refered STPO and MENGE

Any may tell me that I need, to update the quantity of the component.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lugo,

I dont see any problem in writing a dependency for this.

Assume that the value of the characteristic Z_QTTY is available in variant configuration. As you have said that this is a multiplication of value of 3 characteristics, lets assume there are 3 characters viz Z_QTTY1, Z_QTTY2, and Z_QTTY3.

Now the reference characteristic SELF.Z_CONS referring to STPO-MENGE should form a part of the VC

Now a simple procedure should be written as follows.

$SELF.Z_CONS = $PARENT.Z_QTTY1 * $PARENT.Z_QTTY2 * $PARENT.Z_QTTY3

You dont even need an additional characteristic called Z_QTTY. Also the term PARENT can be ROOT also based on the flow of VC across the transaction chain.

You can then add this procedure to the desired material item in BOM master data.

This should work fine for your requirement.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Change the syntax to below and check

$ SELF.Z_CONS = $ ROOT.Z_QTTY

Best regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rogelio,

Actions are obselete so you will need to use the procedures. Please assign this procedure to the component you need to change the item for.

Please review the following link that explains how to change the master data via OD's

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/92/58c3a1417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

And

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/92/58c3c8417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/content.htm

Regards

Amber