cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD CIN - Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently I'm done with my CIN configuration training and I'm not getting any errors during practice too ( as am using my configuration notes). But my point of worry is still I'm not confident regarding the subject which i've configured. So I just want to put up a brief overview of what I've learnt in the last few days.

I feel, you, as mentors suggest any important points where I actually need to think of, and really matters, and areas where I need to concentrate more (when it comes to Interviews as well as learning subject) and the main points which actually i'm missing during my learning.

1. We use JINFAC/JINEXP /JINDEP/JINSTK pricing procedures instead of regular pricing procedure for Indian markets where excise is calculated

2. The condition types JLST/JCST/ is used to calculate the taxes instead of regular mwst condition types. (with the same account key MWS for taxes)

and rest of the cond types like PR00, discounts etc are maintianed in the CIN PP's as well.

3. We define tax codes to differentiate the nature of tax.. Whether the tax is liable on Incoming goods or outgoing goods of the plant.

4. We have to maintain the Copy controls between the sales doc/delivery doc & Proforma Invoices as well as excise invoices.

5. Excise invoice will have only excise value of the order the company has to pay for the excise authorities

6. CENVAT accounts will get updates once we raise Excise invoices, this happens with respect to the series group and their registers we maintain

7. The calculation of TAX based on the Material id, Plant zone/state and the tax code.

and I am aware of the TCodes which are frequently used in CIN.

Apart from these points, Pls mention any determinations, important points which are useful in understanding the CIN procedure.

and also Pls correct my points where my understanding went wrong.

Regards

Krishna..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

still I'm not confident regarding the subject which i've configured.

As like any other functional areas in SAP, CIN will also be a difficult topic to understand if you dont have any domain experience in excise.  So in order to gain some practical knowledge on CIN, I would recommend you to sit with the core users who can give you the issues they face on day to-day basis.

Meanwhile, my reply are in seriatim

1. Correct
  2. JIN6 / JIN7 would also be used for calculating taxes
  3. This is not related to CIN
  4. From CIN point of view, it is enough that delivery type is assigned to billing type in IMG Logistics-General > Tax on Goods Movements
  5. No not true.  It will also have invoice value and tax which you can see in SAP.  Hope you were not talking about print output where you can change as you want
  6. Once excise invoice is saved, all CIN registers like RG1, RG23A, RG23D will get updated
  7. Yes but you can also have different combinations depending upon the scenario.

CIN is an ocean I would say and we cannot cover the entire topic here but since you asked to highlight important points,  I can list out few of those.

• You should know the basic difference between TAXINJ and TAXINN and if you dont know much about these, search in forum so that you can understand the basics of these procedures. 
  • You should know during excise invoice generation for various process like domestic sales / export sales what are the CIN registers being updated.  In fact, if you take exports, there are different way of doing export sales like Rebate, Bond, No Bond etc., and each and every process will have different functionality.
  • From SD angle, CIN number ranges will have to maintained and changed year-wise. 

Last but not least, I am happy that you have done some homework to understand the CIN concept and finally posted here which is very much missing in the forum from many members.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipati Garu,

Thanks for your time in giving explanations for each and every point of mine. I've been regularly following the threads in the forum abt CIN but unfortunately i'm unable to understand the real time scenarios which makes me feel that I'm too far away in the learning process and will hit the road block if i add it (CIN) into my resume...

krishna_mohan34
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)