Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Setup: No User Exists with SNC Name

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Background Info:

1. AS ABAP Configured for SNC and restarted.

2. Windows AD Account and SPN created.

3. SPN assigned in AS ABAP with snc/identity/as.

4. SAPGui logon tested (SNC Logon with user/password)

SAPGui = 730

AD = Win Server 2003

ERP = ECC6 EHP5 (Kernel 720)

Client OS = XP/Win7

We have setup SNC and are able to connect using SNC (SAPGui => ERP Server). We are now trying the SSO component of the overall setup and come across the following issue:

We can work around this by creating an entry in the USRACL table or assigning with tx SU01 (SNC Tab) and then we do get correct SSO.

My issue is the SNC name. What I was expecting was mywindowsuserid@ourdomain.com eg: (p:CN=zstardust@BOWIE.COM) and I don't quite get why the "CN=" seems to be the token.

Does anyone have any insight into the above ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure if I will help you but it looks like a cryptographic hash to me. If I counted number of hex digits correctly than it's 160 bits. So it should be SHA-1. I am not sure why it uses hash of user name name instead of user name.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Martin,

Thanks for having taken the time to reply. The issue is resolved and it was down to us not having the correct client application installed. We had initially installed the "SNC Client Encryption" for a pure SNC test. Once we wanted to test SSO it was necessary to install the "Secure Login Client" (V1.0 SP03 PL02).

Cheers,

Amerjit